♡ Chapter 4 - The Date night ♡

~ AS Mansion

~ Annika

Ajay couldn't believe his ears as he listened to her answer. Perhaps he was still dreaming, he thought. If there were other people in the room, he would have asked them to pinch him to bring him back to reality. However, there was no one present except him and Annika. Reluctant to ask her directly, he gazed at Annika, hoping her usual expressions would confirm the reality. Still skeptical, he wanted to ask her again to reassure himself.

Observing his expression, Annika understood his hesitation.

"No, don't," Annika told him.

"What?" he inquired, surprised.

"I know, uncle, you want to ask the same question again, thinking it's just a dream. Your drama and expressions are irritating me now. So, don't you dare to repeat the question. Instead, go and tell your dear friend that I've agreed to his son," Annika firmly answered.

"What made you change your decision, Annika?" Ajay asked her, curiosity shaping his expression.

"I agreed to get married. Isn't that enough for you?" Annika taunted, observing him grow irritated.

"Okay, Uncle, don't sulk. Today, I finally realized your value. I know you care for me. Despite my treating you like a stranger, you've never taken my behavior offensively. You could have left me alone at any point to live your life, but you didn't. You even brought the proposal of your best friend's son for me. I considered your suggestion, thought about the pros and cons of this proposal. It seemed beneficial for both my personal and professional life," she answered with an innocent yet confident tone.

"Thank you, Annika," he gave a small smile and left her room.

As he departed, Annika's face adorned a smirk.

"Let the game begin, Uncle. I'm being considerate, giving you a few days to enjoy your life. I'm going to snatch the leftover happiness and peace of your life," she thought, a devilish smirk playing on her gorgeous face.

Her thoughts drifted to the evening when she had an argument with Ajay.

•••[ Below Paragraph is the Evening incident after coming from study which made her say yes to the Marriage ]

She entered her room after their argument and stepped into the bathroom, standing under a cold shower. Her eyes held rage, fueled by his continuous interference in her life. Closing her eyes, every incident from the past flashed in her memory. Opening them, they revealed not just rage but also a thirst for revenge. However, she knew she needed to calm her mind; she couldn't act impulsively. Taking deep breaths, she regained composure and changed into comfortable attire.

She went to the balcony and sat on the swing; it was evening. She remembered Ajay asking her to think with her brain.

Looking at the sunset, she began to contemplate. Suddenly, a plan formed in her mind, and her face lit up with a devilish smirk.

"I am going to start the first step of my revenge plan with you, dear uncle. Get ready for it. I don't want to involve other innocent people in this game, but you've left me with no option," she thought.

•••[End]

She snapped out of her thoughts as her phone rang. It was an office call, and she immersed herself in the conversation.

Ajay reached his room after his talk with Annika. He knows whatever Annika told is just a lie. How can she realize his affection and care for her in just a few hours? Even then, he can't stop himself from feeling emotional. Somewhere deep down, a few of those lines she said were from her heart. She didn't realize it, but she meant those lines.