♡ Chapter 29- Worried ♡

Shivaay too ran behind her; he saw her running and entering into the lift, which was almost going to close. He too ran towards it, but it already got closed. Shivaay looked tense at that. Something looked off. He thought.

Lift hasn't reached the ground floor yet; if he waits for it, then it will take more time. So he decided to take the stairs and sprinted towards it and started descending the stairs quickly. He reached the ground floor from the 2nd floor as early as he could. He looked at the lift side and all the surroundings; he didn't find her anywhere, so he started running towards the entrance of the mall to check outside. But he saw Khanna coming towards him.

"Khanna ji, Where is Annika? Did you see her outside? She left suddenly. There is some problem I think," Shivaay asked him in a hurry. He was breathing fast and looked so worried.

"Yes sir. Ma'am is outside in the car. But You...," Khanna was about to say something but Shivaay, listening that she was in the car outside, didn't wait for a second and swiftly ran towards the entrance to meet her without listening to Khanna's total sentence.

"Sir. Wait," Khanna shouted running behind him. He is breathing heavily and seems like he won't come home with this tension. Thinking about it, he dialed Vikram immediately, running behind Shivaay, saying him to stop. They went outside the mall, and Shivaay was a few steps ahead of him, running behind the car as he saw Annika in that particular car.

"Annika," He shouted, but it was so far away from him.

"Sir. Ma'am is on call. She wants to talk to you," Khanna shouted. That made Shivaay stop.

Khanna reached him and gave the phone. He took it, taking deep breaths.

"Hello Annika where... ," Shivaay was about to ask something but stopped listening to her words.

"Leave home with Khanna. I got urgent work to complete," Annika said from the other side and cut the call. Shivaay sensed anger in her words. He looked at the car which almost left from there.

"Khanna Ji What happened. Do you know where she left? Why is she asking me to go home? What urgent work did she get that made her hurry? I can sense she is angry right now by her tone," Shivaay asked him in a worried tone.

"Sir, Ma'am is fine. Vikram is with her. In fact, you talked from his phone only. See," Khanna said and showed him his phone to give him assurance.

"You please sit somewhere sir. You are breathing fast," Khanna said in worry.

"But Khanna ji," Shivaay was about to say something but stopped by Khanna in the middle.

"I will tell you everything in detail, sir. I booked a cab for us already. Let's leave now. Please sir," Khanna requested. Making him sit was necessary. Shivaay sighed and nodded his head. He still looked worried about it.

They both went and settled inside the car. Shivaay tried to steady his breath and looked at Khanna for answers.

"There is some fraud going on in the AR industries from a few days, sir, and it affected the company so much. Ma'am recently came to know about the person who was cheating on the company; though we searched for him after that, he didn't get caught as he went missing. Ma'am saw him upside in the food court, and she was actually following him. Both Vikarm and Ma'am are behind him now. But don't worry, sir. He can't do anything. They will just find him and ask him questions about it. If it's necessary, they will hand him over to the police," Khanna informed him.

"Then what are we doing now? Let's follow them," Shivaay insisted.

"No, sir. Please, I am telling you right. They will deal with it. Ma'am is very angry right now. She will hate it if we go behind her," Khanna requested him.