♡ Chapter 7- Espresso ♡

"The Mysterious You," Shivaay read aloud, looking at Annika.

"What?" Annika asked, still staring at him. It was as if he was calling her that. Seeing this book made her somewhat suspicious. Did he by chance come to know about... But it's not possible. No one would tell him. It might be a coincidence, she thought.

"Nothing, I just mentioned the title," Shivaay replied

"I don't know exactly what to gift you. This was my favorite book, so I thought maybe you'd like it. If you don't, please let me know. I can exchange it for something else," Shivaay said, breaking the eye lock. He realized he was making the reason for selecting it more obvious, he thought, after seeing her questioning expressions.

At the gift shop, he was initially confused about what to gift her. After perusing the book section, this particular book caught his attention. The title seemed to perfectly suit her, and since it was his most favorite book, he decided to gift it to her.

"No, Mr. Oberoi, I will take it. Thank you," Annika said to him.

"Do you meditate daily?" Shivaay asked her.

"Yes," she replied to his question. Another monosyllabic answer. Who knows, she may lose her cool like yesterday and ask him about playing interviewer, irritated by his questions. Based on what he understood yesterday, predicting her mood is unpredictable. It's better for him to escape from here before her normal mood changes. He doesn't want to deal with that early in the morning.

"Okay, I will leave now. Uncle asked both of us to come down, but I think you have some work. Finish it and join us," Shivaay said, walking quickly from there without waiting for her answer.

~ Annika

"Weird," Annika muttered, looking at him walking fast. She headed towards her room with the gift and bouquet.

Sitting on the bed, she placed the book beside her and caressed the rose petals. She loved roses and their scent. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes, a soft expression on her face.

After placing the bouquet on the side table, she put the book on the table where she kept her favorite things. Then, she realized her own actions. What was she actually doing? Why was she turning slightly soft? Why, somewhere deep down, did she feel warmth from his gesture?

She had never felt this way before for anyone other than the people she considered family. She was doing this just for a plan, one that required her focus. With determination in her eyes, she went to change into her office clothes. Getting ready, she headed towards the hall.

~ Shivaay

He reached the hall and saw both Tej and Ajay chitchatting. They noticed him coming there.

"Where is Annika?" Tej asked him.

"She will take time. She is getting ready now," he replied.

"Gave her the gift?" Ajay asked teasingly.