♡ Chapter 8- Care or Humanity? ♡

Shivaay gazed at her face; her jaw was clenched, and she seemed truly lost. Noticing a truck moving ahead of them, Shivaay saw Annika was so absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed it, and they were getting dangerously close.

"Ms. Raizadha!" Shivaay shouted, jolting her back to reality. She snapped out of her daze, and her eyes widened as she saw a big truck right in front of them. Reacting quickly, she slammed on the brakes, causing both of them to lurch forward in their seats. Fortunately, the seat belts held them securely, preventing any injuries.

Shock was evident on Shivaay's face. The realization hit them – they had narrowly avoided a potential accident. Annika, too, understood her lapse in attention. She realized she shouldn't have let her thoughts consume her; it wouldn't do any good and could lead to disaster. Now, she focused on calming and composing her mind.

"Hey, are you okay?" Shivaay asked her with concern in his voice. She looked at him, his eyes reflecting shock, worry, and genuine concern. His eyes and the same question he asked on the beach somewhere comforted her. she should not show her vulnerability to anyone. She should not make it obvious, She thought.

"I had cashew nuts today. I'm allergic to them. The cook usually makes halwa without it for me. By mistake, I took one bite from the wrong bowl. It usually causes confusion and dizziness..." She partially lied to him. In reality, she is genuinely allergic to cashew nuts, and excessive intake could be life-threatening. However, she hadn't consumed any today. She didn't want him to see her vulnerable, especially thinking that the family discussion had caused her to get lost.

"Then let us go to the hospital, Ms. Raizadha. Just come and sit in the passenger seat; I will drive," Shivaay interrupted her and spoke with panic, swiftly exiting the car and heading towards the driver's seat.

He opened the car door for her.

"Mr. Oberoi, calm down. First, listen to my words fully. The doctor has already prescribed medicine for this. Don't panic; I always carry them with me. Just go and sit in your place; we will leave for your office. It's getting late already," she explained to him calmly. Internally, she was surprised at how he panicked. Being a stranger, she doubted whether his concern was genuine. She didn't trust people easily. However, looking into his expressive eyes filled with care and concern made her reconsider. People in her life cared for her because they knew and loved her, but his, coming from a stranger, left her feeling confused with an unfamiliar warmth she couldn't fathom.

"But it's better we go to the hospital, Ms. Raizadha. You don't know how lost you looked. We nearly escaped an accident. So, let's leave for the hospital first, and you can go home and take rest. We can have this business discussion tomorrow," he insisted.

"I am alright now, Mr. Oberoi. I will take my tablet. I don't want to leave my work now," she stubbornly replied.

"Okay, at least please let me drive. You take rest for a while," he said, sighing at her stubbornness.

"Okay," she said, heading towards the passenger seat. She, too, needed to clear her mind, so she thought it would be better to let him drive. Both settled in the car.

"At least now have your tablet, Ms. Raizadha. Here, take water," Shivaay offered, forwarding her a water bottle.

"Stubborn Oberoi must be his name," she muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes. Unknowingly for her, somewhere, his care was melting her frozen heart.

"What? Are you okay? Do you have any other symptoms?" he asked her, observing her muttering something. Worried that another effect might be showing due to her allergy, he thought she might be talking to herself because of that.