♡ Chapter 5 - Confused ♡

~ Restaurant

She gazed into those captivating blue eyes, while he was absorbed in observing her angelic beauty and the eyes that held a mysterious charm. Both found themselves entangled in a web of conflicting thoughts.

"I am extremely sorry, ma'am," the waitress apologized, interrupting their brief moment of eye contact.

Annika shot her a cold glare, causing the waitress to shrink back in fear. Shivaay, observing the exchange, contemplated intervening, concerned that she might be a rich, spoiled brat about to cause a scene and fight there.

"No problem. Please go ahead and bring us our order," he attempted to change the situation. They proceeded to place their orders, but before the waitress could leave, Annika stopped her with a commanding voice.

"Tell someone else to bring the order; I don't want to see a clumsy one like you again," Annika declared in a stern tone. With a nod, the waitress left the place, fear evident in her expression. A brief silence enveloped them.

"Hello, Ms. Raizadha. I am aware that your uncle has already mentioned my name. However, allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Shivaay Singh Oberoi," Shivaay initiated the conversation, introducing himself with a small smile.

"Hello, Mr. Oberoi. I am Annika Raizadha," Annika responded with a professional tone and a composed expression, devoid of a smile. Their formal introduction was interrupted as their orders arrived and were served, providing a pause to their initial exchange. They both began to eat.

"Come on, Annika, I know that hearing the same voice surprised you, and you were curious to see him before. It just messed up your thoughts finding out that the one selected for you turned out to be the same man. Now that you have answers to your curious brain, put an end to this matter," Annika thought, placing a final full stop on the issue while eating.

Meanwhile, Shivaay observed her fully engrossed in eating. Her hair was flowing, and she looked beautiful. He needed to distract himself to put an end to his confused thoughts. Deciding to start a conversation with her, he felt awkward about it. Hoping she might initiate, he found her showing no interest. Finally mustering courage, he cleared his throat to gain her attention. Uncertain about what to ask, he pretended to eat. She looked at him, observed him eating, and resumed eating herself.

"Come on, Shivaay, show some courage and ask her something. It's so simple," he encouraged himself.

He cleared his throat again, but this time she didn't even look up from her plate.

"Okay, last try," he told himself, clearing his throat once more.

"Mr. Oberoi, have some water," Annika replied, looking at him.

Shivaay took a glass to have some water, feeling somewhat foolish. Can't he just ask her directly? Well, it's not entirely his fault; he's not used to this. Finally, he decided to talk directly.

"You like Italian food?" he asked, noticing her order.

"Yes," she replied, looking at him. She didn't inquire about his favorite food, which could have extended the conversation.

"Do you prefer coffee or tea?" he asked her another question.

"Latte," Annika replied.

"Do you plan to conduct an interview with me now?" she asked, getting irritated by his questions. She was already irritated with her previous thoughts, and these questions added to her frustration.

Shivaay felt embarrassed by her question, already he was feeling stupid at his silly questions. He sensed she wasn't acknowledging his efforts and was responding with mere monosyllables, making him feel she wasn't interested in the whole situation. Opting for silence, he contemplated on his decision of giving this relationship, her behavior made him to reconsider it. Silence surrounded them as they finished their dinner.