♡ Chapter 14 - Roka ♡

~ AS Mansion

~ Annika

"What happened to him suddenly?" Annika said, looking at his car, and stood there until it left the mansion gate. Shivaay also saw her in the side mirror, still standing there and lost in some thoughts.

Isn't his caring nature enough to occupy her thoughts that now he's giving her a smile and confusing her more? She frowned at that. What is he up to, she thought.

Ajay, who was standing beside her, noticed her lost in thought and looking at the gate. There were slight frown lines forming on her forehead.

"Annika, where are you lost, and why are you standing here and looking at the gate?" Ajay asked.

"Nothing," she said, coming out of her thoughts. She was about to leave, but she stopped upon hearing Ajay's next words.

"Annika, are you sure about this whole proposal?" Ajay asked her.

"Why are you asking me now again?" she replied sarcastically, raising her eyebrow.

"I am serious, Annika. Tomorrow is the Roka. If you have any second thoughts, just tell me. As much as I want you to get married to Shivaay, I don't want to hurt that boy because of any of your games. You don't know him, Annika. He's pure-hearted and innocent. He would sacrifice anything for his family. Hurting someone like Shivaay will only hurt you, Annika," Ajay said seriously. She looked at him after hearing his words.

"You should have shown this care and concern for him before bringing him into this mess," she said, looking at him seriously, with a smirk playing on her lips. She turned around and started walking.

"Annika, please stop. What are you going to do? Try to give this relationship a chance," Ajay shouted from behind. She didn't even stop and went inside the mansion.

Ajay stood there in worry and frustration, listening to her response.

"Dev, my boy, just come fast. Only you can help me to stop her now," Ajay whispered to himself in concern.

~ Oberoi Mansion

~ Shivaay

Shivaay entered his room, took a shower, and changed into comfy clothes. He began working on his laptop but was disturbed by a knock on the door. Looking up, he found his Badi Maa holding a cup of espresso.

"Badi Maa, please come in," he said with a smile.

"Still busy with work, Shivaay? I didn't disturb you, did I?" she asked.

"Nothing important, Badi Maa. Just come and sit," he told her, patting the sofa beside him.

"So, how is your work life?" she asked.

"Everything is going well, Badi Maa. How is your fashion business going?" he inquired.

"It's going great, Shivaay. I brought espressos for you," Jahnvi said, forwarding the cup to him with a smile.

"Thank you, Badi Maa," he accepted it with a smile.

"Are you really okay with this relationship, Shivaay? Just remember that you don't need to make any decisions out of gratitude towards Tej or for the sake of the family. Everyone will understand and respect your decision. Don't wonder why I'm asking you suddenly. I just want to ensure you are okay with it. If not, we still have time to back out. Tomorrow you are going to take the first step in this relationship. Be clear about your thoughts and confident in your decision. Prioritize yourself and your thoughts instead of others, Shivaay," Jahnvi said, giving him a motherly smile. Shivaay stopped drinking after hearing her words. He had initially made this decision for the sake of the family, there's no denying that. But he had already made up his mind to give this relationship a chance.