♡ Chapter 43 - Home ♡

" What is this, Anni, you... " Before he could say anything, she went towards him and hugged him protectively, making him stop his words, he hugged her back and leaned into her hair. She rubbed his heart, with that he felt like she is applying balm to the hurt he is feeling after listening to Mallika talking about his condition, he leaned his face more into her hair and increased his grip around her.

"SSO," Anni said, caressing his heart.

"Hmm," he hummed in response, leaning more into her soft hair.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly.

"Yes," he murmured into her hair, nuzzling more into it. She knew he was feeling hurt, but he wouldn't share it. That topic always brought him pain; she understood by now. They stayed in silence for a while.

"You have some surprise," she said, trying to change the topic. Shivaay was feeling better now.

"What?" he asked, lifting his head and looking at her curiously.

"It's a surprise, curious billu (cat). Do you know the meaning of surprise? So you have to wait for it," she said, raising her eyebrows playfully. Shivaay gave her a small smile and nodded.

"Come on, my sunshine. I want my favorite sunshine smile, not this one," she said, making a puppy face. Shivaay blushed at that and hid his face by leaning onto her hair, making her go "Aww" at his cuteness and shyness. She chuckled at that. Her calling him 'her sunshine' made him feel very special.

"Am I your sunshine?" he asked cutely, lifting his head and looking at her. She could see his ears and cheeks turned red. She chuckled at the way he asked that question curiously, like a child.

"Yes," she answered, giving him a warm smile and looking into his eyes. He stared into hers and gave her his sunshine smile, making her smile widely. He remembered something, and his face lit up.

"So I can make you eat now at lunch, right? No outsider will be there now," he asked with excitement, indirectly referring to Mallika, making her laugh. He smiled widely, listening to her laughter.

"I thought you would scold me about manners, billu had priorities I see," she said, raising her eyebrows, giving him a teasing smile. He rubbed his neck, making her chuckle. Annika broke the hug and dragged a chair for him.

"Sit," she said, giving him a smile. Shivaay gave her a smile and sat.

They saw Dev, Rudra, Khanna, Khan, and Vikram coming to the garden.

"Om?" Shivaay asked Rudra. Annika looked at him after hearing that. How would Mallika know about his condition? She was sure Om was the one who said it. She also knew that Shivaay was aware of it, still look at him, no complaints, only love he showers on his people.

"He is coming, Bhaiya," Rudra said with irritation, making Shivaay smile. But he was also confused why Rudra was irritated with that.

"With him, Mallika is coming back too," he further added, making Annika frown. Her jaws clenched at that. Shivaay looked at that. He knew Annika asked Mallika to get out of the Mansion for him. He saw how she didn't react till Mallika told all those words to her but reacted instantly after seeing Mallika talking about his condition, the way she gave him comfort with her hug and her trying to lift his mood are the proof for it. He looked at her with a smile and held her hand, which is kept on the table. She looked at him without saying any word.

"Anni, let it be please. If not, Om will also leave," he requested her. She didn't answer and looked at Dev.

"Who is bringing her back?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. She saw Dev looking at Khanna to answer; Khanna nodded his head in No. Annika understood by their signaling who is bringing her back.