♡ Chapter 23- Moon ♡

~ AS Mansion

~ Annika

It was early morning. After completing her breakfast, Annika settled in the hall, doing some work on her laptop. Today, she took off to work as she was leaving somewhere in the afternoon after completing one of her important tasks. Since early morning, she noticed that Ajay was looking at her grumpily and murmuring something under his breath. He was sitting opposite her. She wondered why he hadn't started his questioning till now. He would normally ask her why she was working from home and not going to the office. She was relieved that he wasn't asking her anything today. Her mood seemed off from yesterday. She better just go from here as early as possible. She looked at the time. He was almost here. She knew the drama was going to begin in a few minutes. Her dear uncle might not have known about his arrival. If not, he would have turned this house upside down with his orders and happiness. Better she escape the clownery for a few days.

Ajay was angry and annoyed at her from yesterday night. Though he wanted to ask her why she didn't go to her office, he wasn't in the mood to talk to her today.

"I don't know when people will stop being stubborn, rude, and stupid," Ajay said loudly, pretending like he was reading the newspaper.

It gained Annika's attention, and she looked at him. He kept the newspaper aside and looked at her, raising his eyebrows.

"You are thinking I'm talking about you," Ajay asked her. She didn't answer him and started working again.

"Well, what are you..." but stopped in between, looking at the entrance. His face beamed with happiness and surprise. He was about to say something, but noticing the gesture of the person, he kept quiet.

A person came from behind and closed Annika's eyes. She knew who it was.

"Started your drama now itself," Annika said, removing his hands. The person made an annoyed face and came in front of her.

"And you started your taunts now itself. You are supposed to welcome me with some praises and respect. But Gorgeous doesn't know that. Right, Uncle?" The person said, turning towards Ajay.

"You can never be wrong, my boy. What can we expect from boring people?" Ajay said, giving a wink to the person and an annoying look to Annika.

"Seems like you pissed off uncle. What have you done, Gorgeous?" The person asked, looking at her.

"Ask your moody uncle itself. How can I understand his mood?" Annika said with a boring tone.

He went up to her and gave her a hug.

"How are you, Ani?" He asked her in a caring tone. Annika just patted his back once and broke the hug.

"Alive," she said, giving him a smirk.

Both Ajay and the person looked pissed at that.

"Mannerless," Ajay said.

"Add brainless too, uncle. She doesn't know how to give a proper answer," the person taunted.

"Let's leave boring people on their own, uncle," the person said, turning towards Ajay and looking at him with a wide smile. Ajay too looked at him and mirrored his expression. Annika looked at them. She knew what was going to start. She took the laptop from there to leave towards her room.

"Uncle, I missed you," the person said, taking Ajay in a tight hug.

"I missed you, my favorite boy," Ajay said, reciprocating the hug with the same intensity, and they slightly jumped, hugging each other with joy.

"Clownery started," Annika said while going towards the stairs. Both of them listened to her words and frowned.

"Just look at her, how she is calling us clowns. According to her, she is the only sane person living on the earth," Ajay said loudly to gain her attention.