Chapter 25

In the private jet on my way home, I feel a surge of excitement, having returned a day early to surprise Blue after my trip to London

In the private jet on my way home, I feel a surge of excitement, having returned a day early to surprise Blue after my trip to London. My phone pings with a message from Liam and I find a link attached to it.

My eyes narrow at the screen, a surge of anger and hurt pulsating through me. The article's words blur as I try to process the images of Addy with Joshua Smith. My jaw tightens, and my hands clench into fists.

The phone feels cool against my ear as I  dial Liam's number, my frustration building with each passing second. "Liam," I  begin, my voice carrying a weight of authority, "I want each and every article to be taken down immediately." "Asher," Liam starts cautiously, "I didn't know about this. I'll handle it. I promise everything will be taken down ASAP."

Now here I am, in my living room watching my wife crying because of me. I wanted to ask her what happened but seeing the flowers and gift in her hand when she entered, I lost it.Addy walks towards the table, delicately picking up the gift and flowers. The air thickens with unspoken tension as she turns to face me, her expression revealing a mix of emotions.

Addy abruptly throws the flowers and gift on my face. "I hate you," her words cut through the charged air, each syllable heavy with resentment. I stand there, watching Addy pick up her things and she walks towards her room, leaving behind a silence that speaks volumes.

The realization hits me like a ton of bricks, and I can't help but shout in frustration, fully aware of the magnitude of my actions. In a mix of regret and confusion, I pick up the bouquet and gift, only to find a card from Addy. It hits me – she brought these for me. Guilt and realization settle in, knowing I've misjudged the situation completely.

I rush towards Addy's room, banging on the door, desperately shouting, "Sorry." Addy's voice pierces through the door, sharp and cutting, "Get lost!" Her words, a painful echo, reverberate in my ears as I stand there, haunted by the consequences of my actions. "Please, Blue," I plead, my voice laced with regret, but the door remains closed, a barrier between us. "Go away! I don't want to see you," her voice breaks, the pain evident even through the closed door.
*************************************

I arrange the flowers Addy brought for me in a vase, carefully placing the gift and note in my room. I then take the initiative to prepare breakfast for her, perhaps as a gesture of remorse and an attempt to mend the strained atmosphere between us.

Addy comes to the kitchen, quietly making a cereal bowl for herself. Despite my presence and my efforts to prepare breakfast, she doesn't spare me  a glance and returns to her room. After an hour, Addy appears dressed casually, holding her car keys, suggesting she might be planning to leave.

I anxiously ask Addy, "Where are you going?". She doesn't even look at me, but replies coldly " None of your concern and don't worry wherever I go, I will make sure not to ruin your reputation". My chest tightens as Addy's words cut through the air, each syllable like a shard of glass.

In a desperate attempt to mend the fractures I  caused, I  reach out to Addy, my voice trembling with remorse. "Blue, I'm sorry," I utter, the words heavy with sincerity. Addy's response is laced with a mixture of pain and frustration. "Asher, words won't erase what happened," she states, her eyes reflecting a complex array of emotions.

My words carry a genuine sincerity as I  respond, "I know I messed up, Addy. I want to make things right, but I understand if it takes time. Just... please let me try." Addy's gaze turns cold as she sharply says, "Apologies won't fix this, Asher. Give me the space I need." Her tone is firm, and she turns away, leaving me standing with the weight of my actions.

It's 8pm right now and Blue hasn't returned home yet.The worry gnaws at me. Where is she?. I need to find her, talk, and make things right.Lily's call interrupts my anxious thoughts.I grab my phone anxiously, answering Lily's call. ''Where is she?'' I ask urgently, my worry evident in my voice.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding as Lily's voice comes through the phone, ''Relax, asshole. She's with me.'' I manage to say, ''Is she okay? Where are you guys?''

"She's at my home, and she's not fine, and that's because of you, Lily's words echoed in my mind. I took a deep breath and replied, "I'm coming over. I need to talk to her." Lily replies in a stern tone " Don't you dare think of that. She needs space and give her that" I clenched my fists, realizing that I needed to give Addy the space she required, even if it felt like an eternity.

"Put the phone on speaker and take it to Addy," I urged Lily. Lily replied sarcastically, "Oh, I didn't realize you cared so much about her now." Lily didn't hold back, giving me a piece of her mind about how I had hurt Addy.

I requested Lily to pass the phone to Addy.Lily curtly replied, "Fine, but don't mess this up more than you already have," before passing the phone to Addy.

Addy's strained voice echoed through the phone, "What do you want, Asher?"
"I'll mend it all, piece by piece. I'll win you back, Blue."