Chapter 29

Feeling the warmth of Addy's hug, I understand that some questions don't need words

Feeling the warmth of Addy's hug, I understand that some questions don't need words. Maybe it's enough for now.Leading Addy to our room, I can't help but savor the moments of peace away from the crowd.

"Blue, we'll have to share the room for the weekend, hope that's okay with you." I inform her. "Sure, I can make it work, Ash." I grin, "Alright, I'll take the couch. Just don't steal all the blankets."

Addy smirks, "Couch? Please, there's plenty of room in the bed for both of us. No need for separate sleeping arrangements, Mr.Worried-about-Blankets." I chuckle, "Alright, bed it is. But I warn you, I'm a blanket hog." Addy grins, "Well, I'm not giving up without a fight. We'll see who survives the blanket wars."

Addy points her index finger and warns me " Sleep on your side and no cuddling ". I chuckle, "Alright, no crossing the invisible boundary. Got it, Blue."

I say, "I'll catch up with you later, Blue. Join the family, and I'll be right there after sorting out some work." As I head to get my laptop, addy calls out," Asher, I'll stay here, I have some designs to work on "

"Alright, focus on your designs. I'll be around if you need anything," I say with a reassuring smile. A sense of worry creeps into me as I observe that beneath Addy's smiles, her beautiful blue eyes conceal an undertone of fear. I want her to open up to me and tell me what's bothering her but I don't want to pressure her.

I diligently sift through the emails from clients, my focus narrowing on a document forwarded by my assistant.Lifting my head from the screen, my gaze softens as I observe my wife, deeply engrossed in her work. I find himself enchanted not only by her dedication but also by the simple, yet profound, beauty she effortlessly carries.

As Addy lifts her head and our eyes meet, I can't help but think, This is where I belong. Addy's eyes lock onto mine, and she questions, "What?" I simply shrug, replying, "Just admiring my beautiful wife." Addy smirks playfully, "Well, you have good taste, Mr. Carter."

I chuckle, "Always had the best taste, Blue," as I  notice the faint blush on her cheeks. I grin, "Alright, alright, I'll behave... for now," playfully, as Addy cups her cheeks and asks me to stop. I chuckle to himself, thinking, My wife is so cute. Lucky me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I nudge Liam, whispering, "What's with Christian and the intense phone stare? Something interesting?" Liam leans in, whispering, "Christian's been on the phone the whole time, talking business or something. Seems pretty serious."

We exchange glances, silently agreeing to talk to Christian about whatever is bothering him. We follow him to the backyard and overhear Christian's heated conversation on the phone in the backyard.

I approach Christian, concern etched on my face, and ask, "What's wrong, man? You seem really upset." Christian starts to answer my question but notices Sophia and Addy approaching. He stops mid-sentence and looks at us, saying, "We'll talk later, alright?"

Sophia questions us, "What's going on out here, guys?" Liam replies with a smirk, "Oh, you know, just discussing the mysteries of the universe. Nothing you'd find interesting, my love." Christian shoots a warning look at Liam, saying, "Mate, keep your charm to yourself. Sophia's off-limits." Liam smirks and fires back, "Relax, mate. Just having a bit of fun. No harm intended."

I gently brush Addy's hair behind her ears, whispering, "Looks like things got lively. Want to escape this madness for a bit?" Addy smiles, "Yes, please. A moment of peace sounds perfect right now." Liam pops in between and whispers that he also wants to join us.

I scowl at him, "I want to spend time with my wife. Go find someone else to bother, idiot." Liam turns to Christian, who also denies him, "I want to be alone with my wife too." Liam stomps his foot and goes inside, muttering, "You guys are no fun."

Addy and Sophia glance toward each other, locking arms and teasing, "Liam is more fun than you guys." Christian and I  simultaneously say, "Oh, really?" and start chasing after our wives, laughter filling the air.

**************************************

As we go to our room, I say, "Goodnight," to Addy, gently kissing her forehead before we head to bed. Addy playfully remarks, "You've been quite touchy these days," as we prepare for bed. I chuckle and say, "Well, can't help it. You're irresistible."

Addy rolls her eyes and retorts, "Oh, I'm irresistible, but not enough to keep you awake. Goodnight, Ash."
"Alright, Blue. Sleep tight. Dream of me, your irresistibly touchy husband," I say with a playful smirk before settling in for the night. "Only in your dreams, Ash," Addy teases, blowing me a kiss before closing her eyes.

My heart races as I  wake up to Addy's distressed muttering. I  reach out, gently shaking her shoulder, "Blue, wake up. It's just a dream." I watch as Addy wakes up with a jerk , her eyes searching the room until they find me. I pull her into a comforting embrace, whispering, "I've got you, Blue. It was just a dream."

I hand Addy a glass of water, my touch gentle as I  reassure her, "It was just a nightmare, Blue. You're safe now." As I  watch Addy sleep, I can't help but ponder the reasons behind her nightmare.

Softly, I murmur to Addy, vowing to shield her not only from the troubles troubling her dreams but from every danger the world might throw their way.