Chapter 35

The airport hustle fades as we approach the family's private jet, Santorini beckoning on the horizon.

Sporting a black Bottega Veneta jacket for that luxe edge, a white crew neck Saint Laurent tee, dark blue Versace jeans tailored to perfection. Stepping into the journey with red Valentino kicks, a gold Cartier masterpiece on the wrist, and shading the world with square Gucci sunglasses. Because, why not make every step a runway moment?

Addy, post-hospital, is a mix of strength and vulnerability. The ordeal left its mark - a hint of fatigue in her eyes, but that spark of resilience refusing to dim. She's a warrior, a survivor, and seeing her on this journey to recovery is both humbling and inspiring.

As we walk through the airport, I catch Addy glancing over her shoulder - a reflex born from the shadows of that incident . I squeeze her hand, whispering, ''Mason's gone, Blue. He'll never come back. You're safe now.'' Addy's response is a gentle nod, her eyes holding a mixture of relief and trust.

A frown tugs at Addy's expression, and she finally asks, "What happened to Mason?" I reassure her, "The Mason problem? Handled. No need to worry, Blue. We're leaving it behind, moving forward. Focus on the journey ahead, not the shadows of the past."

Addy's response is a slow exhale, the tension easing from her shoulders. "Thank you, Asher," she says softly. I respond with a reassuring smile, "Anytime, Blue. We're in this together, always."

My thoughts take a dark turn as I remember the pact with Christian - a plan to make Mason pay for the pain he inflicted on Addy. Liam, ever the ally, providing the space for our revenge. We agreed to keep this secret from Addy, shielding her from the shadows we were about to unleash.

Addy's nudge pulls me back from my thoughts. She asks with a playful smile, "Where are you lost, Asher?" I reply with a playful grin, "Lost in thoughts, Blue. But now that you're here, I'm right where I want to be." Addy's laughter dances in her reply, "Well, if you're lost, at least you're lost with me." I fire back with a cheeky grin, "Lost with you? Best adventure I've ever been on."

The airport buzz fades into the background as we step onto the plane.I lead Addy through the cabin, introducing her to the crew. "Addy, meet Samantha, our flight attendant. And up in the cockpit, making sure we navigate the skies smoothly, is Captain Williams." Addy greets them with a bright smile.

Turning to Addy, I ask with a playful glint, "Anything special you want to drink, Blue? Champagne, perhaps?" Addy replies with a mischievous grin, "Champagne it is, Captain."

As soon as the captain's voice chimes in, giving the green light to unfasten seatbelts, I smoothly release mine. With the plane cruising smoothly, I grab my laptop and dive into a file sent by my assistant. Addy, opting for a book, transforms her seat into a cozy nook in the clouds. As she dives into the pages, the plane becomes a haven for both work and leisure.

Caught in the act by Addy's disapproving glance, I chuckle and close the laptop. In a playful move, I pull Addy's book away and lean in, hands on either side of her seat. With a grin, I tease, "If you wanted my attention, wife, all you had to do was ask." Addy, with a glint of mischief in her eyes, fires back, "Well, Mr. Attention-Stealer, consider your attention officially demanded."

I reply with a smirk, "Your wish is my command, Mrs. Attention-Stealer." Seeing Addy blush at my words, I can't help but call her adorable. Leaning in, I plant a gentle kiss on her nose. Deciding to make the most of the journey, I pull Addy up, leading her to the plane's cozy couch. With a grin, I call Samantha to bring the lunch menu.

Navigating the menu, I sense Samantha's gaze lingering. When I turn to Addy to inquire about her preference, I catch her glaring towards Samantha. Addy's icy command to Samantha, "Keep your eyes off my husband," hangs in the air. Samantha, a bit flustered, takes our lunch orders and mutters a small apology before making a swift exit.

I can't resist a playful smirk as I ask Addy, "Feeling a bit jealous, Blue?" Addy's reply is accompanied by a mischievous smile as she pulls me by the collar, declaring, "Yes, and you're mine." I reply with a tender smile, "All yours, Blue. Every bit of me."

Addy's lips brush my cheek, leaving a lingering warmth. With a playful smile, she whispers, "Remember that, Mr. Charming." I reply with a soft chuckle, "How could I forget?" After a delightful lunch above the clouds, I suggest to Addy, "How about a cozy nap, Blue?"

Addy replies with a contented smile, "Sounds perfect, Ash." Guiding Addy to the bedroom of our private jet, the cozy haven becomes the perfect spot for a mid-air nap.Cuddling with Addy, I place a gentle kiss on her forehead. As she lifts her head, a heartwarming smile lights up her face.

Stirring from our mid-air nap, I gently slip away to use the restroom, careful not to disturb Addy's peaceful slumber.Emerging from the restroom, I find Addy still in peaceful repose. Kneeling beside her, I gently tuck a few stray strands of hair behind her ear, savoring the quiet beauty of the moment.

Softly confessing in the cocoon of our private jet, I admit, "You know, I was a fool to reject you back then. Every day, I find myself falling for you more than the last. Life without you is unimaginable." The quiet airspace between us becomes a canvas for promises as I assure, "I'll love you in every lifetime. You own my heart, and I belong to you, only you."