Dixson's POV (58)

Side story.   (12).   1/2

I was stood with them all talking about Grover being Lucy's faded partner, he could be, he instantly took to her, he would play with her all day, they would sleep in each other's room, Grover always slept on the floor, he also protected her when one of the other pups in the class was accusing her of cheating, while playing hide and seek for using her sense of smell, I had told her not to use it when playing with her friends.

I could see Cora with the other mates, she had her hand on Willow's belly, she had the biggest smile on her face, "this will be one of you next, Dixson, Cash, Ranger you can wait a little longer, the three you have is enough for you" Mitch joked, "I hadn't really thought about pups to be honest, but looking at how happy Cora is now, a pup or two won't be so bad" I could feel my eyes welling up, I excuse myself and went in to the pack house.

I went up to my room for a few minutes to calm down, "you okay Dixson?" Cora said making me jump, "oh yeah, I'm fine, maybe a little overwhelmed with all the Lycan's here" "do you want me to stay with you?" "No, it's okay you can go back down, I will be down shortly" she gave me a quick kiss before leaving the room, I stayed in the room for a little while longer I could see everyone having fun from my window.

The celebrations were coming to an end, I put the pups to bed but they wanted to sleep in the same room as Aria's pups, Aria helped we make their beds on the floor, Lucy fell asleep straight away but Grover was still wide awake "protect them for me" "will do", I closed the door "he is a good pup" "he is, he's helped me a lot without knowing, night Aria, I will see you in the morning" "night".

As I got to my room, Cora was waiting outside "you can go in now, you don't have to wait for me" "I know, did the pups get off to sleep okay?" "Yeah, they're in Aria's pup’s room" "why am I not surprised" she laughed as she walked in our room, "Cora, I need to ask you, what are your feelings on having.... A pup?" "With you?" "No, with Mitch, yeah of course with me" "I would like that very much" "shall we start now?" I said tilting her back so I could kiss her.

Aria and the pack went home Monday morning after breakfast, the week was perfect, the pups behaved in school and at home, Mitch gave me a few more responsibilities around the pack, life was great.

I was waiting for Cora and the pups outside of school, as it was Friday, ice cream day, Cora said she's got a surprise for us, I already think I know what it is, once a month the ice cream shop have an all you can eat, it normally happens on a Saturday but this month it's on a Friday, their brownie ice cream is to die for.

Lucy came running out the Schoolhouse and into my arms "ice cream" she screamed as I spun her around.

The ice cream shop was packed but Cora but a table, we ordered our first lot of ice cream, Grover, Lucy and I devoured it in seconds and was ordering our second.

"Cora, you not hungry?" Grover said wiping his mouth with his sleeve "don't do that us a napkin" I said passing him a few "so is this the surprise you had for us?" I said wiping Lucy's mouth, "Erm, I wanted to..." Her head shot up from looking down at the table, nervous, her eyes widens and her whole body went stiff as a board, then there was a Lycan, standing at our table, "can I help you?" I said to him not impressed, "she is my fated mate", my heart sank to my feet, "no she can't be, she's Dixson's mate" Grover said, no words would come out of my mouth, "she's mine now" he said as he took her hand, "come on, we are going" "I... I... I'm not going with you, I already have my mate, his name is Dixson, not you" Cora said as she pulled her hand from his, "you will come to me in the end" he said as he walked away laughing, I could feel my bodies starting to shake and anxiety attack was coming.

The pups have never seen me have one, I will definitely scare them if they see it.

Cora got her phone out and said, "hello Mitch... We are at the ice cream place... You need us to come back?... Yeah, okay we'll be back soon, come on pups, we need to go back to the pack house, Mitch needs Dixson, it's very important" "but the ice cream" Lucy moaned "it's an order from the top alpha Mitch, do you think we should disobey the top alphas orders?" They shook their heads, "good, now, let's go, Dixson can you go and pay and I will put the pups in the car" I just nodded.

I have been dreading this day since the beginning, I was just a mate, he's her fated mate can, "I please pay for table seven" "sure, one second" the lady behind the counter said "she's mine, she might not come with me now, but she will come to me" it was the Lycan that was stood at our table, he  whispered, "that will be 35.19" "I will pay" he said as he slammed 40 down on the counter and walked away laughing behind me.

I was pissed off with him laughing behind me I picked up the 40 that he put down and placed down a 50, I told her to keep the change, I turned around and said "she is mine" "for now, but when she comes to me and she will, I will fuck her until your scent has disappeared" I flew into a rage, I've never felt this kind of anger before, I hit him, I hit him so hard he fell back onto the floor, "she is mine, do not fucking touch her, keep your fucking money" I threw the money at him "she will come to me" he laughed again and then like a crazy Lycan, he was laughing so loud everyone was looking, I just left.