Ranger's POV (66)

On our was back from the pups party, I was furious 'Jasmine, what the fuck happened back there to make Aria go off like that?' 'I don't know, Sam and I just wanted to see the pups and she went crazy, saying that I am ruining her life, alpha, do you think the pups are safe there? She seems a little unstable, I'm just looking out for the pups and the pack' 'I told you not to call me that, Aria would never hurt our pups, there has to be a reason'.

Jasmine got close to me and my whole body felt calm, all the anger was fading away, 'Ranger, we can talk about it when we get home' 'sure'.

The rest of the way back I felt calm with no worries, no stress that my fainted partner had left me and took the pups with her, now that she is pregnant again, something I've wanted for a long time but I often say to her about having a forth pup but having three pups at once was a strain on her body, so I didn’t tell her that’s what I really wanted, I just felt calm like I didn't have a care in the world.

When we got back to the pack house, most of the Lycan's were waiting outside, expecting Aria and the pups to return, well that didn't happen.

Jasmine had to stay in Lycan form until her wounds healed, apart from the deep one on her leg healed by the next day.

I was sat in my office, looking out the window at the pups playing, I was really started to miss my own pups, the pain in my chest was getting worse the longer my pups and Aria were away, it hurts worse than when Aria left me years ago.

"Ranger can I have a word?" Cash said as he entered the office, "of course" I said as I turn to him, he was looking around the office like he was searching for something "what are you looking for?" I said as I looked around too, "I was just making sure that you were alone" "what does that mean?" "Jasmine is stuck to you like glue, she's always next to you and you act different when she's near, when she isn't close, you act like the normal you, but when she is, you act like you don't care about anything".

'Are we like that?' I asked Maddox 'I don't think' "so what do you want to talk about?" He looked nervous, he never acts like this, so whatever he wants to say is something that he needs to get off his chest.

"I called Aria" "WHAT?" I shout, pissed off, "I called her to ask what happened yesterday at the pups party" "what did she say?" Now it was his turn to look angry, "Aria told me that Jasmine called Soloman ugly because of his scar and that you and the pups will be hers, and that Soloman would be left out in the wild to be eaten" "Jasmine said that?" "Yeah, Cora was there also, she witnessed it all".

'Jasmine. Office. Now' 'O... O... Ok" she stammered, "she's coming, what else did Aria say?" "She also said Cora knew them from the pack her fated partner was a part of, she said that Jasmine has a talent manipulation of emotions, just like Aria's Father with his disguise of his scent and Lucy with her sense of smell, that's why you always act different around her, also Sam isn't her brother, they are mated".

"Knock, knock" Jasmine said as she walked into my office, Cash standing behind me, in his rightful place, "alpha, you called, oh Cash you're here, the alpha called me here so you can leave now" "he stays, we have things to discuss" "I'm worried, is everything ok?" The calming feeling was coming over me, I couldn't accuse her of anything that Cash was accused in their off.

"What made Aria attack you?" Cash said sternly, "I don't have to answer to you, you are not my alpha, Ranger do I have to answer him?" Another wave of calming rolled over me, "look it's happening again, your changing once she is here" "answer him" I said quietly, waving my hand as I led back in my chair, I felt relaxed, "Aria said that I was a liar and that she was jealous of me because you wanted me to stay in the main house, she said that you told her to leave our pack house, also she said that the pup's party was going to be the last time you ever saw the pups" "she said what?" I said slamming my fist on the table, the calm faded a little bit.