Safe room

It was a 30-minute journey from Metalife to Adharv's house. As the cab arrived in front of the gates, Adharv stepped out, glancing around to ensure no one was watching.

The car moved inside as Adharv opened the gate, revealing a house with a contemporary design. Adharv retrieved the key from beneath the mat, and as he opened the door, his dog Demon rushed towards him at the creaking sound. Adharv affectionately cuddled his dog.

With the assistance of the cab driver, jewels were brought inside the house and placed on the couch.

"My girlfriend, quite the impressive drinker," Adharv remarked with a forced smile. The driver reciprocated with a smile.

After paying the driver, Adharv closed the gate as the car left, quickly moving into the house and shutting the doors. His dog Demon observed everything, sensing the presence of jewels.

Adharv, like Demon, looked at jewels who remained unconscious. Contemplating where to place her, he thought about his room. Attempting to drag her, he realized she was heavier than expected, causing him some anxiety about a possible transformation. He lowered her onto the floor mat.

Adharv noticed the mat and had a sudden idea to transport her to his room. Moving the table and couch proved challenging alone, but Demon, sensing Adharv's struggle, assisted by pushing the couch with his head.

The plan involved using the mat as a makeshift stretcher to move her to his room on the right. Adharv grabbed the two ends of the mat and pulled it towards his room. Opening the door, he dragged her inside. Searching through the drawer, he couldn't find what he was looking for. Checking beneath the bedsheet and bed, he remained determined.

Demon, still wary of Jewels, continued to linger. Her scent seemed unfamiliar and unsettling to the dog.

Adharv continued his search in the room, checking the wardrobe and shelves, growing increasingly nervous. Frustration got the best of him, leading to chaos – books scattered on the floor, clothes and sheets pulled from the wardrobe. He urgently needed to find the remote to secure Jewels.

Demon observed Adharv, amused, sitting beside Jewels like a spectator of a TV show. Adharv paused, attempting to recall where he placed the remote. Seated on the bed, he remembered and found it on the pillow cover.

Facing the wardrobe, Adharv pressed the red button on the remote. The wardrobe split, revealing a hidden door secured by facial recognition. As the door opened, Adharv swiftly brought the mat into the safe room, with Demon offering his assistance.

The safe room impressed with luxurious lights and ample space, resembling a small house. A shelf in the corner held various alcoholic beverages, and there was a bed, fridge, kitchen, weapons rack, and a monitoring room.

Adharv's father had included this room during construction, just in case. Adharv surveyed the space, searching for an ideal spot to secure Jewels with chains. Opting for the bed, he laid her down and looked for chains, but none were found. Deciding to check the store room, he exited, locking the safe room behind him, with Demon following.

The store room, situated after the kitchen, was dark. Adharv, armed with a torchlight from the kitchen cupboard, illuminated the room, revealing a cluttered space beyond its capacity. Carefully navigating, he searched for chains, knowing he had to be cautious in the cramped quarters.

Adharv meticulously searched for a chain, recalling glimpses of seeing them in the house months earlier. Unable to pinpoint their exact location amidst the clutter, he decided to purchase one from Anbu's nearby store.

Locking the door, he grabbed his phone and exited with Demon. On the lawn swing, he noticed the bag his parents had given him. Adharv secured the door and walked to the store, accompanied by Demon. Anbu's store, the sole 24x7 establishment in the area, welcomed them.

"Morning, sir. How can I help you?" Rauf, the sales boy, greeted, eyeing Demon.

"I need a chain," Adharv replied.

Rauf guided him to the chains section, explaining each type. Adharv decided on the ones he needed, and Rauf handled the transaction. Adharv paid online, then headed back home, retrieving the bag from the swing.

Returning home, he went straight to his room, placing the bag on the bed to take his medicines. After securing the medicines in the drawer, he carried the bag into the safe room. Jewels lay on the bed, and Adharv stored the bag on the cupboard, locking it.

Preparing to secure Jewels, Adharv retrieved the chain from the cover. Before tying her to the bed, he used insulation tape from the drawers near his bed to bind her hands and legs together. Finally, he secured her to the bed with the chain, ensuring a firm lock.

Feeling relieved, he remarked to Demon, "Quite a day." Demon responded with a slow howl.