Pod breaks

"What did you just say?" asked Felix, his voice strained.

"The corpses of our comrades are now alive and behaving like rabid beasts," came the reply.

"What the hell," exclaimed Felix in desperation.

He immediately turned to Renuka, demanding, "How in the world is he doing this? How can he control my men's corpses?"

Renuka, equally shocked, had no answers. She stared at Adam and muttered, "What have you become?"

Felix quickly informed his men who were fighting to secure the perimeter, ensuring that no one could enter or leave.

Marco confirmed that the place was indeed sealed off.

The sight of Adam's men and the wolves miraculously rising from their injuries shocks Felix and his team even further. Despite the severe wounds they sustained in the previous attack, they now stand tall as if nothing had happened. The wolves, in particular, display an astonishing recovery, appearing completely healed from their previous injuries.

However, Felix notices that Adam's guards, although standing firm, bear the marks of their injuries. Their faceless appearance and wrinkled skin attest to the severity of their wounds, with their broken armor and visible injuries indicating that they are still in a weakened state, albeit resolute in their stance.

This unnerving display of resilience and regeneration only deepens the mystery surrounding Adam's newfound abilities and further intensifies Felix's determination to put an end to the threat he poses.

Despite being weakened and visibly injured, Adam's guards press forward towards him, seemingly undeterred by the hail of gunfire directed at them. Marco, recognizing their vulnerability, orders his men to shoot at the guards in an attempt to neutralize the threat. The soldiers comply without hesitation, unleashing a barrage of gunfire aimed at the advancing guards.

However, to their astonishment, the guards show no signs of evading or retaliating against the onslaught. Instead, they continue to advance steadily, absorbing the gunfire without flinching. The wolves accompanying them add to the eerie atmosphere with their howls, heightening the tension in the air.

The soldiers, witnessing this unnerving display of resilience, begin to feel a sense of unease. Despite their best efforts to stop the guards, it becomes increasingly apparent that they are facing an adversary unlike any they have encountered before.

With their unwavering determination, they reached Adam despite the ongoing attacks. They encircled Adam like a protective shield, ready to defend him at all costs. The guards retrieved their weapons, poised and awaiting their master's command.

Meanwhile, Renuka observed Adam and his men intently, carefully analyzing their demeanor and actions. After thorough observation, she arrived at a conclusion.

Renuka's shares her conclusion with Felix, realizing the true nature of Adam's guards. They were not merely soldiers but seemingly programmed entities, dedicated solely to serving and protecting their master, Adam. Their lack of concern for their own well-being indicated a deep loyalty and obedience ingrained within them.

Understanding the futility of trying to defeat Adam's guards as long as their master remained alive, Renuka proposed a different approach. Instead of futilely attacking the seemingly invincible guards, she suggested targeting Adam himself. By eliminating their master, they could potentially disrupt the source of their regeneration and loyalty, rendering the guards vulnerable.

Felix considered Renuka's suggestion carefully, recognizing the logic behind it. With a nod of agreement, he relayed the order to his men: their primary objective was no longer to engage Adam's guards but to focus their efforts on confronting and neutralizing Adam himself. It was a risky gambit, but it seemed to be their only chance at overcoming this formidable adversary.