The little girl

With stupefying shock coursing through him at the sight of jewels within the cryogenic pod, Adhrav's mind raced with urgency. Despite his body still reeling from the effects of the tranquilizers, he pressed forward, determined to find a way to descend to the lower levels of the facility. As he navigated the corridors, dizziness clouded his senses, each step feeling unsteady beneath him. The blaring sirens only added to his disorientation, making it difficult to focus his thoughts amidst the chaos. Hindered by his physical and mental state, Adhrav struggled to maintain his composure as he pushed onward.

Despite his wheezing voice and disoriented state, Adhrav approached the lift with resolve. With a shaky breath, he uttered the command, "Take me downstairs, to where she was." The lift, equipped with voice recognition technology, responded to Adhrav's command, acknowledging his voice and initiating its descent.

Stepping out of the lift, Adharv found himself in a room that seemed out of place compared to the dark corridors of the facility. The room exuded a childlike charm, adorned with toys scattered across the floor, tables, and shelves. Childish comic books lay strewn about, adding to the whimsical atmosphere. Curiosity piqued, Adharv hurriedly inspected the books, his gaze sweeping over the room in search of familiarity. Despite the sense of déjà vu that washed over him, he couldn't recall ever visiting this place before. Yet, there was an undeniable feeling of connection, as if the room held a piece of his past that had long been forgotten.

As Adharv continued to examine the drawings adorning the walls, a sense of familiarity washed over him. The childish sketches resonated with something deep within him, stirring memories that seemed just out of reach. Confusion clouded his thoughts as he grappled with the disconnect between his recollections and the reality unfolding before him. Despite his certainty that he had never set foot in this research facility before, the undeniable recognition of his voice by the lift and the familiarity of the room left him questioning the very fabric of his memory.

Adharv's mind raced with questions, each discovery fueling his uncertainty. Could there be a connection between his past and this enigmatic facility? Was there a reason why his voice was recognized, and why he felt drawn to this room filled with childhood relics? With each passing moment, the mystery deepened.

As Adharv sat in the chair, his mind swirling with confusion and hopelessness, his gaze fell upon a small black box nestled on a nearby shelf. Instinctively, he felt drawn to it, a glimmer of hope sparking within him that he might find answers within its contents. With determined resolve, he reached for the box and discovered it secured with a small lock.

Scanning the room for a tool, Adharv's eyes landed on a wooden box nearby. With a sense of urgency, he retrieved it and used it to break the lock, his heart pounding with anticipation as he lifted the lid. However, his hopes were quickly dashed as he beheld the sight within—the box was overrun by termites, their relentless gnawing threatening to destroy whatever lay inside.

With a heavy heart, Adharv surveyed the contents of the box, witnessing the devastation caused by the relentless termites. Important documents, dolls, and a wooden slate had fallen victim to the infestation. Yet, amidst the ruin, a glimmer of hope emerged as he noticed something deep within the box, untouched by the termites. A plastic bag concealed an item that had somehow escaped the insect's destructive path.

As Adharv delicately unwrapped the layers of the plastic bag, he revealed a collection of photographs and a girl child's white frock adorned with red dots. The images, aged and covered in dust, hinted at a time long past, possibly captured a decade or two ago. Eager to uncover the details hidden within, Adharv gently swiped away the dust, revealing the faces.

As he gazed upon the photographs, Adharv's heart swelled with a mixture of emotions—curiosity, longing, and a profound sense of connection to the mysterious girl whose dress lay before him.