The book

As the villagers returned to their homes, anticipating a peaceful night after a day of hard work, a sudden shift in the environment sent shivers through the air. The winds, once gentle, turned sharp and unsettling. Those still outside their dwellings sensed an unusual disturbance in the atmosphere, prompting an instinctual pause in their activities.

A quiet murmur spread through the village as individuals exchanged uneasy glances, an unspoken awareness that something was amiss. The air, tinged with an unfamiliar energy, urged the villagers to abandon their tasks and swiftly retreat to the safety of their homes. A collective sense of caution settled over the community as they sought refuge.

As the resonating sound of the dong bell pierced the night air, a collective wave of shock and terror swept through the village, leaving its inhabitants frozen in fear. The ominous tolling echoed off the surrounding mountains, its eerie cadence sending shivers down the spines of all who heard it.

Men, women, and children alike emerged from their homes, their faces pale with dread as they exchanged fearful glances with their neighbors. The once tranquil village was now engulfed in an atmosphere of palpable unease, as the relentless tolling of the bell reverberated through the night.

Household chores were abandoned, and the usual bustle of evening activities ground to a halt as the villagers stood rooted to the spot, their hearts heavy with foreboding. The sound of the dong bell, a harbinger of ill omen, cast a shadow over the village.

As the villagers gathered together, their minds swirling with questions and apprehension, whispers of concern rippled through their ranks. "Who rang the bell?" they murmured, their voices tinged with uncertainty. The sudden disruption of the peaceful night had shaken them to their core, and they sought answers to the mystery.

Amidst the confusion, those residing near the elder's dwelling shared troubling news: the village elder was nowhere to be found. A hushed silence fell over the crowd as realization dawned upon them. Could the elder be responsible for ringing the bell?

The revelation sparked a flurry of speculation and fear among the villagers. The elder, revered for his wisdom and knowledge, had always been a pillar of guidance in times of uncertainty. His absence and the possibility of his involvement in ringing the bell cast a shadow of doubt.

Confusion reigned as the villagers grappled with the unsettling realization. Why would the elder, who understood the ominous implications of the bell better than anyone, choose to ring it after all these years? The unsettling question lingered in the air.

As the unsettling realization took hold, the villagers resolved to verify their assumptions. A collective determination surged through the community, transcending age and gender as men, women, and children alike embarked on a journey into the heart of the forest where the temple stood in silence. Torches were lit to cut through the darkness, and precautions were taken against the lurking wild creatures that inhabited the shadows.

With a sense of urgency, the villagers traversed the familiar path, guided by the flickering torchlight. As they approached the temple, a peculiar sight greeted them—the lanterns affixed to the temple walls were aglow, dispelling the usual darkness that shrouded the ancient structure.

A mixture of curiosity and trepidation fueled their steps as the villagers entered the temple, their eyes drawn to the scene unfolding before them. There, in front of the bell, stood the village elder Bhagwad with material that is used to ring the bell in his hand, poised as if frozen in time. The transport party, a witness to the enigmatic events, flanked the elder.

The villagers, their faces etched with a myriad of emotions, gazed at the elder with a mixture of disbelief and curiosity. The burning question echoed through the hallowed space of the temple: "Why, elder? Why did you ring the bell after all these years, knowing the consequences?"