It fights back

Taking a deep breath, Jewels began to breathe. Everyone was stunned, except Adharv, who shouted, "Run for your life!" He quickly hid under one of the tables.

Two soldiers approached Jewels; she was breathing. Felix instructed his team medic to check on her. Jewels gradually started breathing normally. The medic arrived with his bag, checking Jewels' pulse, which was unusually high. He examined her heartbeat, finding the same.

Adharv peeked from beneath the table to ensure everything was okay. However, he still believed that, along with those people, he would die tonight.

Suddenly, Jewels opened her eyes. She effortlessly shattered the chain that restrained her, as if it were paper. Each man aimed their weapons at her; they were prepared to fire.

The medic stumbled to the floor, watching as her eyes shifted from blue to red. Nerves bulged beneath her skin as he got up and settled back down. Nails transformed into fangs, teeth sharpened, and her body underwent a slow, remarkable change—doubling in size and becoming furry.

Backing away cautiously, the medic observed Jewels' transformation. She noticed his reaction, locking eyes with him as her mouth oozed with water. She swiftly seized him, biting off his neck and drinking his blood.

The armed men immediately opened fire on her. Bullets hit her, splashing her blood on the walls and floor. Yet, Jewels remained unaffected, still draining the last ounce of blood from the guy.

Terrified, everyone witnessed her surviving multiple bullet hits. Bethany and Camilla were petrified in shock and fear, unable to comprehend what they had just witnessed. Speechless and frozen in fear, they couldn't decide whether to scream or run.

Jewels drained the last drop of blood from the medic guy, tossed him out of the house, and spat out the blood on the floor, growling menacingly.

Felix examined the dried corpse of the medic guy. The blood Jewels spilled covered the floor. Felix ordered his men to capture her at any cost.

Jewels stood, transformed into a masculine and fierce figure with fur like a werewolf facing the wall. Bethany and Camilla struggled to recognize her, shocked by the drastic change. Adharv, observing from under the table, noticed Jewels' more masculine appearance.

Soldiers armed with various guns—AKM, M60, Thompson submachine gun, M, LSAT, and M134—opened fire on her. Unlike before, she dodged and counterattacked. Her reflexes were exceptional, dodging most gunshots. With the advantage of darkness in the house, she hid, attacking the soldiers one by one.

Felix ordered his men to light up the whole place, instructing them to track Jewels with the blood she had spilled. Jewels swiftly descended from the ceiling, biting off a soldier's head, grabbing his weapon, and shooting two others nearby. She vanished into the darkness again.

Pinning down a few men, Jewels marched toward them, tearing arms off and slashing bellies wide open. She displayed immense strength, even crushing a guy with a heavy couch.

Bethany and Camila, tied to the floor, were horrified, never witnessing such brutality. Camila stood frozen, while Bethany urged her to hide somewhere despite being tied up. Gunshots, bullet holes, and blood surrounded them.

Adharv, trying to escape the battlefield, noticed Bethany and Camila in the midst of chaos. Gathering courage, he untied them and led them upstairs. Bethany was moved by Adharv's actions, recalling what Jewels had mentioned about him.

Jewels relentlessly slaughtered everyone in her path, though not quick enough to evade every bullet. Multiple hits took a toll on her, forcing a change in her attack plan. The squad split into four groups, attacking from each side. Jewels hid herself, crawling up walls to target them one by one.

Adharv witnessed her crawling through the wall, as she leaped onto a guy, knocking him down with a single blow. Taking one man's body, she climbed the wall to conceal herself above the others. Jewels moved to the next side, cleverly using dead soldiers' bodies as decoys. Mistaking them for her in the dark, the group opened fire on the decoy, allowing Jewels to attack from a different angle.

Jewels joined the chaos, attacking from behind. She punched the first guy, took his knife, slit another one's throat, and grabbed his gun to eliminate the rest. Lakshmi even tore a man into two pieces with her bare hands. This strategy proved effective in annihilating the subsequent groups as well.

Adharv was astonished by Jewels' capabilities. Last night, she seemed nothing more than a rabid beast, but today she had transformed or evolved. Her changes in attack style and her fighting and shooting skills surpassed those of the trained men in the squad.

Adharv found himself wanting to observe her closely.

Jewels had nearly eliminated everyone, except for those men from the main squad. However, her usual strategy failed this time. Felix countered by using stun grenades, causing her to fall into the kitchen. Undeterred, she crawled up the walls again, enduring several gunshots.

Changing her attack style, Jewels adopted a defensive approach. She grabbed an iron piece to shield herself and hurled various objects at the men with immense force. The iron piece tore through one man's neck and cracked another's knee. This provided her with a brief opening, and she seized it. Using the iron piece, she crushed a man's head and took a grenade from the fallen soldier, swiftly using it to eliminate three more.

Felix remained the sole survivor. Jewels marched towards him, but he stood his ground, armed with guns. Felix shot her multiple times with a stun gun and delivered powerful blows with his helmet and gun.

Jewels growled in pain as Felix dodged her attacks, smashing a chair on her head. Enraged, she muscled up her body. Felix realized he was in trouble. Jewels, with a powerful kick, sent him flying through the walls, rendering him unconscious.

Having eliminated everyone in the house, Jewels surveyed the scene, surrounded by lifeless bodies drenched in blood. She stood there for a moment. Unluckily for Adharv, demon appeared from upstairs, catching her attention. Jewels growled back at the demon, frightening it. She ascended the stairs to confront the demon.

Camilla, who had developed a liking for the dog, couldn't bear to watch. In an attempt to protect Jewels, she shot her with Bethany's gun.

Bethany and Camilla trembled in fear as Jewels turned towards them, ready to attack. However, Adharv intervened, calling out her name to stop the carnage. Jewels halted her attack upon hearing him.

Turning around, she walked towards Adharv, and as he looked into her eyes, he saw a moment of freshness on her face. Placing her arms on his face, Jewels' tear-stained eyes turned back to their original blue color.

Jewels transformed back to normal, falling into Adharv's arms, losing consciousness. Stripped of her clothes during the transformation, she lay naked in his embrace.

Bethany and Camilla witnessed Adharv's seemingly miraculous ability to halt Jewels' bloodlust.