Chapter 2: Hospitals & Vending Machines

About 3 weeks later, I get a phone call from my dad saying Bella is in the hospital. Some guy named Tyler slid on ice and nearly crushed her. It didn't hit her, but it did hit the back end of her truck, which I think is a little odd. He wants me to come to the hospital to see her, but I didn't want to leave the La Push Reservation. After some pleading from dad, I finally agreed but I made sure to make it known that I was only there for him and not her. When I broke the news to Paul and the rest of the pack, they were not happy about it one bit. Not only because they couldn't protect me while I was Forks, but I wouldn't be able to do anything that would risk me exposing myself since I would be around a bunch of humans. I had to reassure them that the Cullens wouldn't risk themselves getting caught either. One of their rules were that humans could not know of their existent. My witchy tingle is back and I have a feeling that Edward risked exposing himself to Bella and she seen it. To make the pack feel better, I told them I would take Stiles with me.

Paul just looked at me and said, "Stiles? Stiles as in the human Stiles? As in the Stiles that likes to play with trip wires, nearly shooting me in the head with an arrow, was possessed by some weird mummy creature and is constantly breaking down in his jeep at the most inconvenient times Stiles?"

"Yes Paul that Stiles, unless there is another Stiles here that I don't know about," I said. Paul looked at me like I was crazy and Stiles was smiling like a weirdo. After reassurance from me and a threatening speech to Stiles from Paul, we were on our way to the hospital. Stiles and I found the room that my sister and dad were in. I asked Stiles to stay out here because I could sense that one of the Cullens was in the room. He tried to protest, but after a death glare from me, he agreed. 

I walked into the room finding my dad and a Cullen, which I'm assuming is Carlisle. As I'm walking up the bed, I hear Carlisle say, "You might experience some post-traumatic stress and some disorientation, but your vitals look good. No sign of head trauma. I think you'll be just fine."

Before Bella could say anything a boy on the next bed started rambling off, "I'm so sorry Bella. I'm really -" he was cut off by dad closing the curtain on him. I'm guessing that was the Tyler boy. What Bella said next only confirms my witchy tingle. 

"You know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way."

Carlisle just looked up from his clipboard at Bella and then me. Before he looks down, he sees the mark on my shoulder and stares at it for about 5 seconds before turning his gaze away. Dad then said, "Edward? Your boy?"

Carlisle stayed silent while Bella continued, "Yeah it was amazing! He got to me so fast, he was nowhere near me."

"Sounds like you were very lucky," Carlisle says and then walks out after patting Bella on the shoulder. Bella finally saw me standing there and looked happy. If she thinks that I was there for her, then she has another thing coming. 

"I knew you cared about me," Bella said with a smirk. I just looked at her with no expression on my face and told her the straight honest truth.

"I didn't come for you. I came for dad." Her smirk dropped from her face and tried to put on her crocodile tears. Before dad could say anything, I said I had to find Stiles and go home. I could hear her asking dad why I didn't like her and that she did nothing wrong. I walked out the door before I could hear what dad had to say. When I started to turn the corner, I saw the Cullens arguing and Carlisle say something about my mark. Great, now they know. I wonder how Paul is going to take it once I tell him that the leeches now know that I have his mark on me. When the Cullens saw me, all I could do was glare at them. Next thing I know, I hear a loud bang over in the snack area. I run over there and I see Stiles by a vending machine that is now lying on the ground. I asked him what happened and I was not surprised by what he said because I did not expect anything less from him.