Chapter 4: Injuries & Bella Finds Out

EVELYN'S POV

Finally getting everything out in the open with Paul the other night really lifted that weight off my shoulders. It reminded me of our first time together when we would just talk for hours on end just getting to know one another. It felt great and relaxing. I haven't heard from Bella ever since I blocked her number, but I know she was going to find a way to get ahold of me. Especially today because it's sunny in Forks so the leeches won't be at school. I'm so glad I'm an imprintee to a wolf because he can go outside whenever he wants and not worry about being exposed to humans. Besides, when the sun hits him, he doesn't shine bright like a disco ball. Last night Kim, Jared and Stiles stayed over since Paul and Jared had to get up for patrol super early this morning. Kim, Stiles and I are about to head to Emily's house to help her cook food for the bonfire tonight. Well, more like Kim and me while Stiles watch and be our "taste tester" so he claims. Before we could even walk out the door, my phone rings. I look down at the caller id and don't recognize the number. I was about to ignore it, but I had a feeling who was on the other side of the phone and decided to answer and put it on speaker. My feeling was correct and it made me regret answering the phone.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"It's your sister, Bella. I had to get a new number because you blocked my other one."

"You are not my sister and I blocked you for a reason."

"Well, I called because I have to talk to you and I need you to listen."

"What do you want Bella?"

"I called to check on you." I was curious to why she would be checking on me since nothing is happening.

"Why would you be checking on me? I'm fine."

"Well, you need to come to Port Angeles with me after school."

She's crazy if she thinks she can boss me around and have me do whatever she wants me to do. "No. I don't need to do anything. Go yourself or your friends."

"Well, I'm going with friends but they are shopping for prom dresses. I just need to go to a bookstore."

"A bookstore? Bella, you don't even read."

"Yes, I do."

She's trying to convince me by lying, but I know better. "Since when?"

"Since Jacob told me a story at La Push the other day."

"So let me get this straight. Jacob told you a story at the beach and that makes you want to go to the bookstore to get a book and read?" I say while looking at Stiles and Kim with a confused expression.

"It's not just any story. It was about the Quileutes. Apparently they are descended from wolves and made a treaty with this enemy clan called the pale faces. I think the Cullen's are hiding something because they won't step foot in La Push and constantly giving excuses, making it seem like I'm the crazy one. I think they are something supernatural." Kim, Stiles and I just all looked at each other wide eyed when she said that. I knew that she was going to find out the truth soon once she heard the story from Jacob. Once Bella sets her mind to something, she's determined to figure it out and won't give up on it until it is solved. Sam and the elders are not going to be happy about this. The legends are not to be told to outsiders. If Jacob told her about the legends, that means she could possible know about the mark also. FUCK!!!! Kim, Emily, Stiles and I are exceptions because us girls are imprints and Stiles already knew about the supernatural before he even met us. He knew the signs on what to look for. Jacob and his stupid crush on Bella. He needs to get his head out of her ass for one day and stop being a blabber mouth.

"Well, maybe you are the crazy one. They are human Bella. Supernatural creatures don't even exist."

"I'm not crazy! I know the truth and I'm going to find out what it is so that means you are going to come with me to Port Angeles." At this point, she was almost yelling at me because she hates being called crazy. I'm doing everything I can to convince her that the supernatural doesn't exist, but she isn't going to believe me for one second. I wish my powers worked over the phone. Oy!