New Moon: Chapter 1 - A Missing Bella & Post-Poning A Wedding

Today is Bella's birthday and dad wants me over at the house when she gets out of school to celebrate it. I don't see the point because she doesn't like celebrating her birthday anyways. At least with me and dad because what she asks for is way over our budget and she knows it. Spoiled brat! Dad already gave his and Renee's present to her this morning before school. She got a camera from dad and a photo album from Renee so she can take pictures for her Senior year.

I have been working on making her a dream catcher set for awhile for her room, of course I had the guys teach me how to make one the proper way first. They thought that I shouldn't put this much effort into something that she won't appreciate because they know how much of a spoiled brat she is. I told them that if I didn't do something, then she would rub it in my face at every possible chance she could. 

I hoped that she would love it since she had dream catchers in her room back in Phoenix, but I knew not to get my hopes up

I hoped that she would love it since she had dream catchers in her room back in Phoenix, but I knew not to get my hopes up. Paul would come with me, but he would have to go on patrol when it was time for me to go over there. Dad taught me not to take anything or anyone for granted as you never know what's around the next corner or what the next day holds for you or your loved ones. If someone does take you for granted, don't be afraid to walk away. Sometimes I wonder if he was hinting at Bella, which if he is then he wouldn't have to worry because I already done that years ago. 2:45 pm came faster than I could blink. I headed over to dad's house to give her the dream catcher set. I was probably at dad's house for about 10 minutes before we heard her pull in the driveway. Looks like good ol' Eddie boy dropped her off. Oh great! When she got in the house, I decided to try and tell her happy birthday.

"Happy Birthday Bella."

"Thanks," is all she says before giving me a small smile, which wasn't convincing.

"I made you something for your room." I brought out the dream catcher set from the kitchen and handed it to her.

She just looked at and said, "I love it." My tingle went off when she said that so I know she is lying. I don't know if dad could tell if she was lying, but I definitely did. Ungrateful leech loving asshole! We didn't talk much after because it got so awkward. "Well, I'm headed upstairs. I got to go get ready for a party that Alice is throwing for me." When she went upstairs, me and dad just looked at each other. 

"Did she say party?" I asked dad.

"Yep."

"She doesn't want us to do anything for her, but she will let the Cullens."

"I don't know what goes through her head Dodie."

"She's a money hungry spoiled brat is what she is." All dad did was sigh and knew that arguing with me about Bella is pointless. I tried to fix my relationship with her years ago and she didn't want anything to do with me. "I'm going to go home because I got a few details left to go over for my wedding," I say before he could say anything else. "I'll talk to you later." I then hugged him goodbye and went on my way. By the time I got home, Paul was off patrol and we were finally able to spend some time together. I told him how it went at my dad's house and he was not happy at the fact that she didn't appreciate all the hardwork that I spent in making those dream catchers. Oh well! She better not expect me to do anything for her again next year. I don't care how much she gets mad at me for it.