Chapter 6: Baby Lahote & Coming Home

No one is born brave
We come into this world screaming
Bravery is forged in every scar
Every shattered bone
The ring of steel and the loss of love

- Charlotte Tanner

*

Dream*

I'm standing in darkness until there is a bright light. As I get closer to it, I can hear a child giggling. "Mommy, I want to go higher. Push me higher." I finally walk out of the light and I'm standing on a porch. I look around and it's Emily and Sam's back porch. I hear a child giggling again. I look and I see myself pushing a little boy on a swing set and a growing stomach. Is that mine and Paul's child? Am I pregnant again? He looks like he's 7 years old. What the hell is going on and where's Paul? I look around some more and there has been a tree house built and a whole bunch of kid toys strewn throughout the yard. A few minutes later, you can hear the human howling. The one that the guys always do when they announce their arrival. I look toward the woods and all of them were walking out. As they were coming out of the woods, Emily, Stiles, Kim and some unknown female came out of the house. Emily looked like she was due anyday now, Kim is holding a baby girl with one on the way, Stiles is holding hands with what looks like a 5 year old little boy and a 5 year old little girl, and this unknown female is holding what looks like a 2 year old boy. Is this what our lives look like for the next 8 years? All the imprinters go up to their imprints and kiss them. I see Embry go up to this unknown female. When did Embry meet his imprint? I tried talking to them, but it's like they couldn't hear me until I hear a woman and man chuckling. I look behind me and there were two strangers.

"Who are you two?" I ask, but they just chuckled a little bit. "Please answer me. I'm confused as to what is going on."

"We are your parents." I just looked at them speechless because I was not expecting that. "I know you have tons of questions, but we don't have alot of time. You are going to be waking up soon." I wanted to say more, but I kept my mouth shut so they can say what they had to say. "I just wanted to say we are sorry that we had to leave you at the police station when you were a baby. Some horrible people called the Volturi were after us because they were told that we were going to overpower them and rule the supernatural world. Instead of listening to us, they had the Elite Guard follow us and to expose of us before anything could happen."

Before they can go on, "Are you guys still alive?" They looked at me with a sad look and told me no.

"We are here because you are currently passed out from trying to fight off the newborns. Everything is okay though, you'll make it through. Anyways, back on track because we are almost out of time. Before we were found, we were able to find the person and what coven they are in but didn't have time to figure out their name."

"Who did it?" I want to know because of this coven, I didn't get to meet my parents. I didn't get the love and comfort a child usually gets from the parents. I'm grateful for Charlie, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it feels like something is missing. I'm also grateful because if I was never left at the police state, then I would probably never have met Paul.

"All we know is that it was someone in the Olympic Coven." I was dumbfounded and that made me hate them even more. "Do you know them?"

"Yeah. Bella is the one that fell in love with Edward and they have been causing problems since. The pack has been cleaning up their mess ever since a human found out about the supernatural world. The guys literally went into a newborn army with the Olympic Coven." They looked at each other with worried looks.

"Listen very carefully dear. In about 4 months from now, Bella is going to fall pregnant while still human." I was about to explode, but was able to keep my mouth shut until they were done talking. "After the hybrid is born, someone is going to find out and go to the Volturi and declare that it's an immortal child. They will gather witnessess and come to kill everyone involved, including the pack and imprints. I know you hate vampires, but you got to help them. When the time is right, you will know who is the one that lied to the Volturi about us. We love you dear and don't tell anyone about this dream." Before I could say anything, they faded away and I could no longer see them. I looked around and I was no longer standing on the porch. Instead, I was surrounded by light and it kept getting bigger and bigger until it swallowed me whole. Guess it was time to go back.