Chapter 7: Ahiga Walks & Sexy Time

It's been a 6 months since Bella's "death" and had to hold a funeral for her. Since Carlisle is a doctor, he was able to pull some strings and use a body from a morgue that nobody has claimed. I guess that person had no friends and family. According to Carlisle, this person was also female and had the same height and build as Bella. Paul and I managed to convince dad to do a closed casket just incase he would be able to tell that the body wasn't Bella. You would think that since she "died," Edward would show to give his condolences but he didn't and that made soooooooooo much things worse with him toward dad. Oh well.

Ahiga has been crawling all over the place and have to constantly be watched. For a 10 month old, we think he will be walking soon because he just started pulling himself up. Once Jared and Stiles caught wind of that, they have been trying so hard to get him to walk. I've been trying to tell them that he will walk when he is ready, but they wouldn't listen so they started making bets on when he will.

"I bet you guys $20 that he will be walking in 3 weeks," Stiles says. Jared decided to one up it.

"I bet you guys $20 that he will be walking in 2 weeks," Jared said. As he said that, Paul walked through the door and just shook his head. That gave me an idea and I decided I want in on this bet.

"You guys are both wrong. If he's anything like his father, then I bet you both $50 each that he will be walking at our next bonfire, which by the way is tonight." Paul looked at me with a smile and started nodding his head while Jared and Stiles just laughed at me and told me that it was going to be impossible. "It's not impossible. Ahiga likes to have the attention on him when it comes to the women of the pack and Danny. It's really like father like son." Paul agrees with me and thinks that he will be walking tonight also. I guess we will just wait and see.

--- AT THE BONFIRE ---

I was sitting on a log eating and talking with Kim and Leah while Paul was on the other side talking with Jared and Sam. Everybody else was spread out just mingling around. Ahiga was sitting on his blanket about 10 feet away from me playing with his toys until all of a sudden I see him stand up. I just stared for a second and that's when he took his first step. I mumbled no way under my breath and he took another step. I sat my plat down and quickly sat on the ground while shouting for Paul.

"Paul! Paul hurry up and look!" He looks at me and then Ahiga. "Ahiga, come to mommy." I hold out my hands toward him and he looks at me with determination on his face. When he took two more steps, Paul quickly came over to me and stood behind me, helping me encourage him on. "You can do it Ahiga. Come on. Come to mommy!" I didn't dare take my eyes off of him and neither did Paul because we weren't going to miss this.

"You can do it little man! Come on!" Paul exclaimed and that made Ahiga more determined. You can tell he was trying not to fall down and just kept hobbling his way toward us. Everybody was silenty cheering him on, not wanting to scare him. He finally made it in my arms and I scooped him up in a hug. Everybody started clapping and that made him smile and giggle at everyone. I then remembered the bet I made.

"Jared? Stiles? You guys owe me $50 each. I told you he was like his father." I held out my hand waiting. They groaned and handed me the money. Right as they handed me the money, Ahiga laughed and clapped his hands. It was like he knew what was going on. When Embry asked what the bet was for, I explained to him on how long Jared and Stiles gave before Ahiga would walk.

"Let me guess, since you think Ahiga will be taking more after Paul, you said tonight at the bonfire in front of everyone?" Embry asked and I just nodded my head. "Like father, like son."

"That's what I told them, but they didn't believe me." I just shrugged my shoulders. We continued on with the night and you could see how proud Paul was of Ahiga. You could see the sparkle in his eyes and the way he keeps looking over here at us, like we were his entire world. We eventually went home after Ahiga fell asleep in Billy's lap.