Chapter 5: Training & Battle Time

We are headed to meet up with the Cullens to train. Yes, I said we because I am going too after a huge agrument with the pack. They think I shouldn't have to worry since I wasn't going to be there, but I wanted to learn just in case one broke off from the group and headed this way. They are very confident that won't happen, but I still have my worries. Stiles on the other hand didn't win it this time so he had to stay back. He didn't like it one bit. The one named Jasper has experience with newborns and he is going to teach everyone what to do and not to do when going up against them. I got on Paul's back after he transformed and he made sure to go easy with me the entire way there. When we arrived, I stayed on his back the entire time because he didn't want me out of his eyesight. As I looked around, I see Bella is there too and she is staring at Jacob. I don't know what was said, but Sam started growling at Jacob. Sometimes I wish I had the wolf telepathy, but then again I'm glad I don't.

"They don't trust us enough to be their human forms," dickward said to Carlisle. He didn't look to happy, but he can get over it.

"They came. That's all that matters. Can you translate?" Carlisle says to him and he just nods his head. "Welcome! Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They want to know how do they differ from us." I don't think he's liking the fact he's having to translate.

"They are a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." He steps to the side when Jasper starts walking up to him. "Jasper?"

"Carlisle's rght. That's why we were created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them. Now! The two most important things to remember are first: never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. Second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that and you.....will.....lose." He just stared at us for a second and then yelled, "EMMETT!" A big buff Cullen stepped forward to fight with Jasper. "Don't hold back."

"Not in my nature," Emmett says and then grins. As they are fighting, I could tell instantly that Emmett relies on his strength. If he continues to rely on that, then he is going to get himself killed. We sat there and watched for hours as the Cullens went up against each other. The boys and Leah are wanting in on the action. I could tell, but they are holding themselves back from saying anything. Every once in awhile I could feel the baby kick. I think he/she knows what's happening because they were using my insides as a soccer ball. I can't wait for our little one to be born. After I while, Sam must've said something because he told Carlisle that we were done for the day. We started to turn around and leave, but Bella got our attention.

"Evelyn, can I speak to you for a second?" I didn't get off Paul because I'm keeping this a short conversation.

"What do you want?" I hope she makes this quick because I'm getting tired and hungry.

"Can't you just use your magic to - " I cut her off because apparently they didn't listen when I told them that is not how witch magic works. Good lord!

"That is not how it works! Did you not hear me the first time when I told you?" Bella just looked down to the ground. "Start listening to what people are telling you instead of only hearing things what you want to hear." I then told Paul to take me home. Right when Paul turned around, I heard dickward mumble, "She just doesn't want to help - " I cut him off by twisting my body just a little and flicked my hand out toward him. He went flying back and landed into a tree. That made Bella, Alice and Esme gasp. The rest just either laughed or shook their head. He needs to learn to stop assuming shit. "You're lucky you are even getting any of our help dickwad!" When nobody said anything else, we all left to go home.