012

Nora slammed her head against the table as she could hear the sound fo drumming coming from down the street. 

"Ughhh can they shut the fuck up" she groaned feeling as if she couldn't eat her breakfast 

"Language" her father spoke entering the room. Nora jumped at the sound of his voice, unaware that her father had even been home. 

"Sorry papa" she almost whispered, not really remembering the last time she saw his face properly. He took notice to his daughters gawking instead grabbing his bag to leave. 

"I'm going to be gone for work for a few days, I left some money, remember to lock the doors while I'm-" 

"I'm not going to be her" Nora interrupted her father causing him to almost snap out of his automatic speech "remember, Erin's ma said I could come along on their trip" Nora reminded, trying to hide her disappointment that her dad hadn't remembered. 

"Right" he spoke slowly "well lock the doors before you leave and don't give Mary too much trouble" and with that he left, not a hug or even a love you. 

Nora lowered her head back down on the table, though this time it wasn't just the music keeping her upset.

-

"Do you think you could give me a reading?" Nora asked Sarah who nodded eagerly. 

Nora had decided to make her way over to to Erin's early as she could so she didn't have to suffer through the noise in isolation. When Orla had told Nora about her ma's psychic readings she knew she had to get one. Sarah shuffled through the cards and pulled out three. 

"In your past you have experienced suffering" Nora gasped clutching onto Orla's arm.

 "How did you know?" Orla whispered just as Erin walked past scoffing "Please I could have told you that" the girl stated but was only met by her friend and her cousin shushing her. 

"In your present I see you practicing self love" Sarah continued which made Orla and Nora smile at each other. The two turned to Erin waiting to her her opinion 

"Well.... Yeah maybe self love would do you good" Erin admitted, being the number one supporter in building up Nora's confidence "but that doesn't prove that she's psychic" 

Sarah ignored her turning over the final card. "In your future I see romantic love with a man who has come from far away" 

"A foreigner" Orla whispered as Nora squealed. 

"Ohhh I hope he's from somewhere cool" 

"You should look at our travel books and see possible countries" And with that Nora rushed to the families bookshelf and began going through what books they had about countries around the world. She found a travel guide that gave brief descriptions and destinations of cultures around the world. 

She opened it up wanting to know as much as she could possibly could about whatever place her future lover may be from. She was brought out of her reading when she heard the sound of a mug smashing on the floor. 

"Okay Everyone remain calm" Mary instantly yelled at the sound of the break "I need you all to listen very carefully"

-

Nora found herself standing on a chair next to Clare whilst Mary cleaned up the broken ceramics off the floor. There was a knock at the door as Deidre walked in with Michelle and James trailing behind her. 

Nora gave the two a wave. Michelle returned it with a cheeky smile whilst James broke out in a grin and gave her a massively wide smile. It reminded her slightly of the first time she had met the boy.