020

The group of girls had managed to sneak James into one of the school bathrooms (Michelle just yelled for everyone to get out) and were now currently taking turns trying on new eyeliner looks.

Nora stood next to James, inspecting how well she had put on the eyeliner and trying to smudge it slightly. 

"How do I look?" James asked turning to the girl referring to the eye liner he had just put on.

 Nora turned about to give her default answer of "you look great" when she froze. 

Something about James in that moment made her heart flutter. She stared at the boy in awe, absolutely stunned by how good he looked with the eyeliner. 

"Nora?" the boy asked, a little bit concerned by the girls staring. 

"You look really good James, like really good" Nora breathed out, before leaning in slightly "Have your eyes always been that shade of green" she spoke dreamingly. 

"What the fuck are you going on about?" Erin asked as the whole group stared oddly at the girl who has now twirling her hair as she stared at James, more specifically the make-up he was waring. 

James' face was read, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from the Kelly girl. She had never acted like this around him but he wasn't completely opposed to it. 

"I'm just saying he looks really good" Nora giggled, slightly biting her lip. 

"You really like it?" James asked, feeling a surge of joy and confidence he had never felt before.

"Of course she doesn't" Michelle interrupted "She just has repressed feelings for women, that's why she likes your eyes like that" 

Nora didn't even defend herself, instead reaching out to feel a curl of James' hair, to which the boy leaned into her hand, loving the attention.

Michelle groaned as she stood up grabbing Nora by the wrist and dragging her out of the bathroom "Come on guys" Michelle yelled to the rest of the group that scrambled out of the room. 

As the group strutted down the hallway, Nora couldn't stop her eyes trailing back to James and the boy loved it. 

He had always appreciated how kind Nora had been to him, but she had never once given him any romantic attention. Now she was swooning over him and he couldn't be happier. 

He sent her a wink and watched as a massive blush grew over her face. 

Before he could make any other moves the group was stopped by an angry looking sister Micheal

-

"And did you see the way she twirled her hair at me, I swear she definitely likes me back" James ranted to Orla in a dreamy tone as the girl washed her eyeliner off using a water fountain in the hallway. 

Usually James wouldn't openly talk of his feelings for Nora, but after her behaviour with the eyeliner he had confidence she liked her back. The group had been split up to go wash off their make up and James thought Orla was probably his safest choice to confess his feelings about the Kelly girl.

Orla shook her head as she stood up, half of her eyeliner running down her face. "I don't know James, think you may be reading into a bit to much, you're sounding a bit delusional" 

"How could I be reading too much into it, she literally was swooning" James asked in disbelief 

"I don't know, just she doesn't usually act that around fellas, even the one's she likes. It doesn't feel right for my little Nora" Orla shrugged as she continued to wash her face.