027

James looked terrified up at the man across the table from him. 

Cillian had silently poured James a cup of teas but the boy was yet to drink any of it. 

"So what are your intentions with my daughter tonight?" Cillian finally asked 

"Nothing but good sir. I just want to make sure she has a great night" James nervously blurted out 

"Why does she nee you then, huh, she can't have fun on her own?" 

"Uhh of course, she can just you know we're friends so-" 

"Do friends bring each other flowers" Cillian gestured to the bouquet on the table 

"well not-" before he could finish Cillian interrupted. 

"Are you trying to lead my daughter on you prick" 

James looked absolutely panicked "no I-I" the boy could barely say anything and Cillian noticed 

"Jesus" the man whispered shaking his head "I'm sorry son I have no idea what I'm doing" 

James tried to give a slight smile happy the man was no longer yelling. 

"I mean I feel like a new parent, protective of their kid but my girl's already a teenager. It's hard to deal with you know" James nodded, though he had no understanding of what the man was discussing "I mean I know what you kids do at this age, I did it too. How do you think Nora was conceived?" 

James now looked horrified once again not like hearing what the man was saying. 

"I guess what I'm saying is if you make any decision tonight, it's most important that you use protection-" 

"Da I'm ready to go" Absolutely saving James, Nora entered the room stopping Cillian from going any further. She stopped when she noticed her cruelty haired crush sitting at the table with her dad. 

"You look amazing Nora" the boy breathed out standing up and handing her the bouquet "

So do you James, but I thought you had the Dr who-" 

"This is more important than any creep convention" the boy joked and Nora let out a giggle. 

"So would you like to be my date to this 50's prom?" James asked. 

"I would love to James.. but" Nora gave him a guilty look "there's someone who needs a date even more

-

Before talking to James Nora had received a call from Mary who was aware of the fact the girl didn't have a date. That's what led to Nora and James knocking on the Quinn's household door. 

Erin opened the door, obviously had been crying. "What are you guys doing here?" Erin asked the two, surprised to see them there. 

"Your mum rang me" Nora spoke 

"But shouldn't you both be gone already?"

 "Not without you Erin" James spoke up with a smile. 

"I'm not going to go to the prom with an english fella" Erin rolled her eyes. 

"Then go with me" Nora spoke up, causing Erin to turn. "I'm a full-breed derry girl and I would be honoured to have you as my date" 

Erin gave the girl a smile who held out her arm for her date to take. 

"Can you give me one minute?"

-

Nora, Erin and James walked into the school dance, making a straight bee-line to their friends.