034

"That Eileen Rafferty story did not add up, girls." Erin spoke to the group, referring to the lie Mary had given to them for why she was skipping dinner. 

"Do you think your ma's getting plumbed by the plumber?" Michelle asked. 

"Well, I never trusted her, not since the day I met her." Orla spoke up shaking her head 

"She's your auntie, Orla. The day you met her you were a new-born baby." Erin pointed out. 

"Exactly." Orla nodded at the group. 

"He wrote something. There was a note. She put it on the shelf.' Clare suddenly remembered. 

"It's an address." Erin spoke and the group gasped. 

"Do you think it's his address? Do you think your ma's meeting him there? Do you think that's where they're going to do the deed? By "do the deed" I mean ride." Michelle rambled 

"Yes, thank you, Michelle." James spoke frustrated. 

"I have to get to the bottom of this." Erin frantically spoke. 

"That's halfway up Pump Street." Clare pointing out 

"James can drive now." Nora pointed out, wanting to brag about her boyfriend. 

"He doesn't have a car." Erin complained. 

"Your da does." 

"He'd never let us borrow it." 

"He wouldn't have to know." Michelle gave Erin a quick wink. The group turned to James, waiting to see if he would be willing to help. 

"Absolutely not!"

-

"Do you think maybe you could speed up a tad love?" Nora asked her boyfriend as she looked behind her, three cars stuck behind them. 

"No, I couldn't!" James stubbornly spoke 

"Are we even moving?" Clare genuinely asked. 

"I simply will not negotiate when it comes to road safety." 

The group finally rolled up to the address written on the note. 

"Christ, that's some gaff." Michelle spoke as the group nodded. 

"I think plumbers do all right, you know." James pointed out. 

Suddenly Gabriel stood by the window looking out "He's alone." Erin breathed in relief "She's not-" 

before Erin could finish her ma joined gabriel by the window and the to closed the blinds. 

"Erin, are you OK?"

-

"Where the fuck is he?" Michelle groaned as she, Clare and Orla searched backstage for the final member of their group. 

They had all gotten into costume but it was now time to put their white robes on over their outfits and James was nowhere to be found. 

"You don't think he's run off do you?" Clare spoke in fear "he was never cut out for the stage"

 "Aye I wouldn't put it past him" Michelle agreed "the way he's been moaning and groaning about not wanting to do this"