017

Nora smiled down largely at the little toy bear in her hand. 

Through the bus ride over she managed to calm down and slowly returned to her usual yapping state. Her mood had been even further improved seeing the cute little bear that one of the curly haired protestant boys had handed to her. 

"Aw lads you really shouldn't have" Erin stated giddily. 

"I'm starting to see that alright" one of the boys said looking at the disappointing gifts. 

"I'm going to name mine berry" Nora giggled, thinking of the exact spot in her pile of stuffed toys this new one was going to go. The boy who handed her the toy (who's name tag read "Jon") smiled at hearing this, taking a liking to the girl. 

"I'm going to keep mine in my bed, where I sleep.. in my knickers" Michelle spoke cheekily. 

"I mean these are free for a start. My dad has like forty five of them" One of the boys spoke as he looked through the bags. 

"Don't forget about the cookies" Nora spoke up "I made them. Yep.  They are the cookies that I made". 

Yes it was a selfish thing to point out, but Nora really wanted her place as the best gift giver to stay strong. Michelle rolled her eyes at the girl while Erin mumbled out excuses to why she didn't have time to get a gift. 

Nora ignored the blonde and began bumping her bear into James', who paralleled her actions making the two toys interact as if they were kids playing with their dolls. 

"We were told it was an all-girls school. You've been a bit short-changed there." Jon apologised to James. Instantly the English boy stopped playing around with Nora as he tried to put on a cool guy persona. 

"Nah, it's fine, mate." James shrugged, "It's all good, man. I'll... I'll just give it to my bird." 

 "Your bird?" Both the boy and Nora asked. 

"Yeah, she's really fit... and stuff." 

"Right, ok, great" the boy shrugged, before turning to Nora. "So what do you think of the bear?" The boy nervously scratched the back of his neck. 

"It's so cute thank you guys so much" Nora let out a little giggle as the boys smile widened. 

"I also think it's cute" James interrupted the protestants boys attempt to connect with the Kelly girl, wanting the attention of the "lad" to be on him. 

Before the three could speak any further the group heard a yell from across the hall 

"Oh my god this is the best present ever!" 

"Rolo anyone" a protestant boy with a "Dee" name tag offered. 

"Listen up, people!" Sister Michael yelled into the hall "You're going to need a... well, they've used the term... 'buddy' for tomorrow's activities." 

"I bags Harry!" Michelle immediately called. 

"What?" Erin asked making no effort to hide her disappointment. "But that's not fair; he's the only good-looking one." 

"The rest of us are right here." Dee scoffed. "You snooze you lose Erin" Michelle said smugly. 

"I suppose I'll have you then" Erin spoke pointing unenthusiastically at the Dee. 

A blonde boy (name-tag stating "Arthur") of the group looked around at the girls, eyes landing on Nora. He had noticed that Jon had been eying up the girl, but he also thought it was fair game for him to pair up with the most normal seeming person of the group.