043

Nora wore the biggest smile she ever had as she swaggered through the halls of the party with her friends. 

She was in overload, she was with the people she loved on a day she loved going to see a performer she loved. She was practically buzzing as she jumped through each doorway, Orla and James right by her sides. 

"Oh, hello, there. Don't you look fab?" A very happy looking man greeted the group. "No ugly ducklings here, eh?" 

"We're not swans." Erin corrected before turning to the group "Too many feathers. I said go easy on the feathers." 

"This was my only way to get rid of them" Nora defended her designing choices.

"Can I see your wee passes there?" The group all held out their VIP passes for the man to see. "Lovely stuff. And you're the wee lad who got the shite kicked out of him, is that right?"

"Yeah." James spoke sadly and Nora gave him a little pat on the arm. 

"Fantastic. Welcome to the VIP suite." The man opened the door letting the girls, and James, into the suite. Nora looked in awe so excited. 

"The angel costumes were the right idea" she whispered to the group "we are definitely in heaven right now" 

"So, I'll be looking after you this evening. My name is Fintan, but you can call me Fifi." 'Fifi' announced to the group. 

"Aye, that won't be happening." Michelle mumbled to herself. 

"Excuse me, Finfin. The sweets, the crisps, the drinks, you know, etc. They're free?" Orla asked with an excitement in her eyes not even Nora had seen before. 

"Absolutely." 

"See you in a bit, lads." 

And with that the group had lost Orla to the snack table. 

"So, just to let you know, we told Norman your story." 

"Norman? Norman, Norman?" Nora asked. "As in Fatboy Norman?" Michelle finished, holding tightly onto Nora's hands in excitement. 

"Ah, sorry, no, our security guard Norman." Fifi corrected

"Right." The girls lowered their hands 

"Of course Fatboy Norman!" Fifi yelled causing the whole group to squeal. "I couldn't help myself! Jesus, sure, I'm terrible! Aren't I terrible?"

"What did he say?" Erin questioned desperately 

"That he'd like to meet you." Fifi's smile somehow got wider. 

"Do not fuck with us, Fifi." Michelle pointed at the man, not wanting to get false hope. 

"I'm serious. He's got a few minutes before he goes on stage. Let me just go and grab him." And Fifi began walking out 

"When Norman gets out here, it is very important that we don't be dicks." Michelle prepped the group. 

"Got it. Nora you talk to him first" James turned to his girlfriend. "Wait, no. I don't want to take the opportunity from any of you" Nora felt guilty that she would be the first to meet their idol. 

"Yeah it's that attitude is precisely why we need you to make the first impression" Erin pointed out. 

"Wait a sec. Isn't there supposed to be, like, six of you?" Fifi paused on his way out of the room. 

"Where's Clare gone?" The group inspected the surrounding area. 

"Oh, I'm gonna kill her."

-