Chapter 1: The Gym

*THIS STORY IS COPYRIGHTED AND WARRANTED*

(A/N: The girl in this story is NOT Caroline Flack)

(2022 note to readers - Hey guys! Just a heads up I wrote this book in 2013 when I was 13 in middle school LOL! So the grammar is awful even after I edited it in high school it's still not perfect! It gets better towards the end but just wanted to give y'all a heads up even though the jokes in the comments about it really make this book. Okay enough of that, enjoy!)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

(Chapter 1)

*Caroline's P.O.V*

The bell sounded on top of the glass doors. I shivered, as my brother Liam and I made our way into the newly built building. A sigh of relief was released as soon as the warm air of the heated building crashed onto my freezing flesh.

I knew I should have covered up more.

All I managed to throw on was a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top. My obnoxiously long dark hair, was pulled up into a messy bun. And I was wearing black toms.

I didn't think much of what I was wearing because Liam told me he was just going to go register at this new gym that opened up a couple blocks away from our house.

We made our way over to the big counter in the middle of the spacious lobby, where a man who looked to be in his late thirty's sat. The interior of the building looked very high tech yet simple.

The marble grey tiles on the floor blended well with the black sofas that were next to every flat screen in the lobby. The glass tables and counters are what I think gave it a more classy look. Oh, and I'd have to admit the random touch pads next to every door and corner were pretty cool too.

However, my favorite part was the illuminate glow the florescent lights on the ceiling gave off. It really set the mood of the entire building and I suddenly had the urge to ask who the interior designer was.

I have got to stop hanging out with my mom and her friends...

I noticed something as I observed the overly fancy lobby, and the more I looked around, I realized that my observation was true.

I was the only female in the room!?

Just fucking great.

Observing all the different men, I realized most of them were heavily built, way too big in my opinion. I've never been that attracted to huge muscles, they seem obnoxious and look fairly uncomfortable.

Then again, what do I know about muscles? I could barely open a jar of Nutella for breakfast this morning...

Suddenly, the shivers began creeping down my back as the thought of one of those men touching me sneaked into my already messed up mind...

Luckily, my thoughts were quickly interrupted by the stranger at the counters voice. "Yeah, how may I help you?" he asks in a loud, croaky tone.

"I called earlier to register, my name is Liam Payne." Liam responded, trying to make his voice sound deep and demanding.

I quickly bit down on my lip to suppress my laughter. I don't understand why Liam tries to act intimidating when he's around new people. He used to be so sweet, and caring, but that's all in the past...

Things have definantly changed.

I quickly pushed the horrid thoughts out of my head, not wanting to remember the past that seemed to cloud my mind every time I closed my eyes. Almost as if it was surrounding me like a dark mist but I refused to acknowledge it.