2.

2. I Don't Know Why He's Doing This

"Oliver, stop that" I whine as Oliver, yet again, takes my cookie.

"But they're really good"

"Yeah I know, that's why I'd like to keep them in my possession, they didn't do anything to deserve being man-handled by your grubby hands" I glare at him and he snorts.

"Wow, you're an ass"

"Yeah, and you don't have one" I laugh, and he rolls his eyes.

"I don't need one, the ladies love me already" He flexes his muscles.

"Yeah okay, how many girlfriends have you had?" I ask with a chuckle, and he put his arms down.

"Oh shut up" He rolls his eyes, pushing me off his couch.

"Rude" I scoff, standing up and brushing off my clothes and returning to my spot on the couch.

"So what else has happened between you and Carter?"

"Well, nothing thankfully. Except for the fact that he's always at my locker waiting for me, or he'll stand outside my classes, but act like he isn't there for me and that it's all a coincidence, it's really weird" I frown.

"Have you asked him why?"

"No" I shake my head "I don't know why he's doing this"

"Well ask him"

"Oh yeah, let me just pull out my phone and magically type in his phone number" I roll my eyes.

"You know, even after 17 years of friendship, I still hate your sarcasm" He states.

"But you love me though" I coo, pinching his cheek.

"Yeah whatever" He swats my hand away "Anyways, what I meant was like in school tomorrow ask him about it"

"Okay, everyone knows he'll be at my locker" I chuckle, and check the time on my phone, smiling at the wallpaper. A picture of Oli and I wearing matching shirts and glasses.

"I remember that, last summer when we went to California together right?"

"Yeah, that trip was the best" I chuckle "But anyways, I have to get home my mom will be there soon and I don't want to be late" I kiss his cheek, and run out of his house, getting in my car and driving back to my house. When I get there, I sigh in relief seeing as though my mom isn't home yet.

I'm not in the mood for getting into trouble for breaking curfew.

I walk inside my house, and jog up the steps to my room, changing into a pair of sweatpants, and a hoodie.

"Brogan? Sweetie where are you?" My mom's voice calls from downstairs.

"I'm in my room, I'll be down in a second" I call back, plugging in my phone and walking down to the kitchen where my mom is.

"Hi mom"

"Hi, how was school today?" She asks, washing her hands to get ready and start dinner.

"It was very... uneventful" I shrug, not in the mood to explain to my mother who Carter is, she'd probably have a cow.

"Oh, well maybe tomorrow will be full of events!" She says happily, and I look at her weirdly.

"Mom, are you alright?" I ask, as she begins to violently chop a potato.

"Yeah, I'm fine why do you ask?"

"Because you've just made a mashed potato on the cutting board" I point to the pile of mush on the cutting board and she sighs.

"Your sister's coming in for the week"

"Sister? Half-sister sister? Or full sister sister?" I ask.

"The half one" My mom growls.

"Wow, you don't seem to happy"

"Because she's staying here when she could easily stay with her damned mother!" My mom heaves.

Lilah is my 21 year old half-sister, obviously we have the same dad and different mothers, my mom for some reason has resented Lilah ever since my mom and dad got married, my only guess on the reason is because Lilah is the reason my dad still has ties with Lilah's mother, a woman he had an affair with. I have another sister too, she's 3 years younger than me but she lives with my Aunt because she can't stand my mother, or my father. I miss her sometimes, but being the only child in a house can be kind of nice, I can do whatever I want basically.

"Well don't worry ma, I'll keep her out of your way, when is she coming?"

"Tomorrow, at 4"

"Alright, I'll take her out at 3 and have her home by 7 so you have some time to chill out"

"That'd be nice, now since I'm in no shape to cook, I'll call for a pizza" She grabs her phone dialing the pizza place.

"Sounds good mom"

\\\

"Brogan, get up it's time for school" My mom bangs on the door.

"Alright, I'm up" I sigh, getting out of bed. Too tired to actually try today, I decide to put on a pair of leggings and an oversized sweater with my all black vans. I grab my phone, book bag and car keys, and walk out of my house, driving to school.

"Hey Twat" Mark ruffles my hair.

"Hey Bitch shit" I push his shoulder lightly.

"So what's new in your department?" He asks, fixing his jean vest.

"Lilah's coming over for the week"

"Oh my gosh, you mean your sister who's way hotter than you and that's coming from me Lilah?"

"Yes" I roll my eyes. [A/N Wow she does that a lot]

"Oh my lord! I love her"

"Yeah I'm aware"

"I'm coming over tonight" He tells me.

"Whatever, my mom loves you anyways"

"Bitch, I don't want her to love me! I want love from you sister Lilah, and maybe Channing Tatum but that's another story" He waves his hand.

"Whatever Mark, I'll see you at lunch" I chuckle, hugging him and making my way to my locker, hearing a wolf whistle from behind me.

"Wow, I had no idea you had an ass like that" Cole, a stupid jock, smirks.

"Fuck off" I scoff, putting in the combination to my locker.

"I'd rather fuck you" He whispers, leaning close to my ear.

"Get the hell away from me" I growl.

"Get the fuck away from my girl Matthews" Carter growls, his arms snaking around my waist.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Carter Mahone" Cole chuckles "She's 'yours' huh?" His eye flicker over to me "Not for long" He smirks "I'll see you later" He winks at me, and turns away, walking to his friends.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper-yell, taking Carter's arm off my body.

"Me helping you" He states.

"Well I didn't need your help so leave me alone! I don't get you, why the sudden interest? Whatever the hell the reason is I truly don't care, just stop messing with me" I growl, throwing my stuff in my locker and walking to my homeroom, my phone buzzing in my pocket as I sit down.

From Unknown:

Princess, it's just the beginning -ACM

:::

Hi, I wasn't supposed to update today, but I did :)

I got my Learner's Permit today, so I can officially drive, just not by myself :/

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Love,  Bad_Boy_Hemmo