Chapter 5

After about a thirty-minute drive we finally arrived at a fancy looking Italian restaurant which was out of town.

The lights that were around the building brighten up the place, making it feel more welcoming and exotic.

The large parking lot was packed with cars of all shapes and sizes. You could see the people inside through the big glass window, chatting and having the time of their life.

Damien got out of the car and walked over to my side to open the door for me before I could open it myself.

I got out saying "thanks" he closed the door behind me and lead us to the entrance.

At the entrance there was a tall middle-aged man with some grey strands of hair.

He wore a grey suit which was matched with some black well-polished shoe, standing by the door opening it for us with a small but kind smile on his face.

We smiled back and walked in.

The place was stunning. It was way better than any restaurant I've ever been to. The chandelier hung up on the ceiling beautifully.

The place was very spacious and expensive looking. I felt kind of out of place because I wasn't used to eating in a place that was so fancy.

I looked around the place standing closely beside Damien while he is talking to the blond woman at the front desk about the reservation he made earlier.

I stood there watching the people around me eating and enjoying themselves with the people beside them.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw the lady leading us to our table.

We walked up to a nicely decorated medium sized table. That had a white candle in the middle of the table with a stand holding it." Here is your table hope you have a nice evening" said the woman before walking away leaving us alone.

Damien pulled out one of the chairs for me. I sat down and instantly felt comfortable on the light brown; golden chair.

He pushed it a little and walked over to the other side to take a seat opposite me.

I looked up at him muttering a "Thank you" He smiled at me and picked up one out of the two menus.

I smiled back and did the same.
After a while I heard him ask me if I was ready to order.

He called the waiter over. After a while a teenage boy came to take our order. "What would you like to order Madame" the asked looking towards me.

I would like the steak with some roasted vegetables at the side" I replied looking up.

"What would you like sir" he asked looked looking towards

After taking his order he said "what would you like to drink"

"Can we have a bottle of your finest wine " Damien said looking at me for reassurance. I gave him a smile and the waiter went back to the kitchen.

" So, do you like the place so far"

"Yeah it's nice.... but I've never really been to a restaurant this fancy-" I was interrupted by the waiter. " Here is your wine and wine glasses, your food will be ready in a few minutes "
He put the bottle of wine on the table with two glass cups.

The waiter opened the bottle of wine and pour some into our glasses. He set the bottle back on the table. "Do you need anything else" the waiter said patiently looking between Damien and I "That would be all for now thanks" Damien said looking at me for reassurance.

"Alright then, I will be back in a few minutes with your food"

The waiter turned around and made his way quickly to the kitchen.

"Tell me a little about yourself" Damien asked looking into my eyes.

"Oh, okay where should I start...I was born in California and moved over here when I was about three, I have two younger brothers and one sister. I went to Richmond college, I studied technology and accounting I graduated last summer, that's about it really" I concluded.

The waiter came back with our food one on each side of his hand. He placed mine in front of me and I was immediately hit with the mouthwatering smell.

The large piece of steak was in the middle, at the side there was some roasted vegetables and source.

I said a quick " thanks" to the waiter before he left us. I cut a bit of the meat with my folk and knife and placed it in my mouth.

The meat tasted delicious and well-cooked just the way I like it. We talked as we ate our food getting to know more about each other better.

After we were done, I sat there sipping on the sweet but slightly bitter wine. The waiter came back and asked if we wanted any dessert.

"I would like a cheesecake" I said looking at the menu again.

"I would like the same" Damien said

"Would you like to share" the waiter asked

Before I was able to say anything, Damien said " yes" giving me a little smirk.

I gave him the dirtiest look I could, but deep down i was a little bit excited about sharing dessert with him.

In no time the waiter came back with a plate with a thin triangle sized cheesecake in his hands.

He placed it in the middle of the table telling us to enjoy and walking away.

As soon as he left, I grabbed a fork from the table and took a little piece of cake I looked up to see Damien with a folk in his hand looking at me with an amused look on his face.

"What" I said. "Nothing" was his response. He took a piece of cheesecake and smirk at me when he caught me watching him.

After a while the date came to an end. Damien payed for our meal because he refused to let me pay for my own.

We walked out of the restaurant walking hand in hand to his car. "I had a really good time" I said smiling up at him. "I'm glad you did"

He opened the door for me and closed it when I sat in the passenger's seat. He got in and started driven off.

"I would love to take you out again sometime" he said as he walked me to my door.

"I really did enjoy the date" I said searching for my keys in my bag.

"Good, I'm happy you like it"

"Text me when you get back okay" I replied giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as I opened my door and walked in.

"So how did it go" I heard Megan yell from the kitchen.

"I want to know every single detail" I heard another voice say.

I walked into the sitting room to see Emma making herself very comfortable on sofa with my blanket around her watching 'Devious maids'

"Hey girl" she said when she sees me standing by the door watching her.

**********
Vote, Comment, follow and share) ✌

*What do you all think of the book so far, message me if you want to chat, I always reply...eventually.