Chapter 37

Aiden's Point of view

'Ms. Hilson is not capable of such a thing. Her job has nothing to do with the accounts of the company, so how can she launder money?' I spoke with nothing but rage in my voice.

'Mr. Morgan we are all aware that you are the executive director of this company but I'm afraid you are out-numbered. We have all come to the agreement that she did it. The accounts prove that. There is no need to continue to defend Ms. Hilsons name' Mr. Douglas spoke who was the chairperson for the meeting.

'There must be a mistake somewhere. There must be something that proves Ava's innocence. I know she isn't capable of this heinous crime'

'You can do as you wish Mr. Morgan but the decision has already been made' Mr. Douglas spoke once again.

I excused myself from the room and made my way to my office. As I was about to go into my office, I heard noises coming from Ava's office.

She must be in there packing her things from the office.

I turned my body around about to knock on her door but stopped myself in the process.

I'm probably the last person she would want to see right now.

I turned back around and unlocked my office door. I quickly closed the door after me not wanting to be disturbed. Letting out a sign I made my way towards my desk.

I picked up the phone to call and instruct the security department to send a security officer to assist Ava. I also made sure to call a taxi for when she was finished packing her things.

'Knock knock'

'Come in' I said with every strength that I could muster up.

'Mr. Morgan sorry to bother you and I don't mean to be nosey, but it seems to me that Ava has been removed from the office as ins she will no longer be working for this company is that correct?'

'Who told you about that information, Susan?'

'I..I saw Ava crying and she looked to be coming out of the board meeting room' Susan explained nervously trying to choose her words correctly.

I narrowed my eyes 'so you concluded that her crying and leaving the board room was possibly because she got fired'

'Well... I am not sure, but I was concerned so I decided to come to you about it. Since Ava wasn't going to speak to me' Susan exclaimed as she scratched her arm with her right hand.

'Susan I would advise you to go back to your job this instant'

'Sir'

'Susan, you have people to attend to'

'Okay sir' she said as she hurried out of my office.

Something does not add up. There is something going on and I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

Trying to get to the bottom of it I picked up my phone and called the reception number.

'Susan, I need Maxwell's contact information'

'Okay sir I'll forward it to you' Susan voice was breaking through the phone with every word that she spoke.

I cut the line and continued to hold the phone in my hand waiting for Susan to send the information over. Once she did, I called the number.

'Hello' the familiar voice spoke through the phone.

'Maxwell, this is Mr. Morgan from Morgan Ltd'
I spoke

'Yes Mr. Morgan I am so glad you reached out to me. I have been looking forward to your call. I was starting to believe you were not going to get in touch. I'm so happy to know that is not the case'