Chapter 42

Aiden point of view

'Susan speak now'

'Sir, you need to understand I didn't mean for all this to occur'

'Susan from what I know so far you, are responsible for the pictures that were given to the magazines. You are also responsible for Ava being fired somehow, you caused Ava to get sick resulting to her needing immediate medical attention, you better start talking, or things seriously won't be looking good for you Susan. These are serious allegations against you'

'Sir please I can explain'

'Sit and start talking, we don't have all day'

'Mr. Morgan...I'm not the one that got Ava fired regarding accusing her of money laundering.... I was aware that it was going to happen but I'm not the one that did it' she explained while taking a seat beside Maxwell.

'Susan who was responsible?'

'I can't say... the person threatened me to not speak of their name' Susan exclaimed her voice cracking in fear.

'Susan I will do a lot worse than that said person. If I were you, I would start talking right now' I ordered instilling more fear into her.

'Miranda.. Miranda is the one that got Ava fired...She is also the one I gave the pictures to for the magazines. I put substances in the coffee I gave Ava to make her sick so you would think she is incompetent for the job as your PA. I wanted to be your personal assistant, that has always been my ambition and aspiration before I started working for you. When I applied and Ava got it, I was....'

'Jealous' I added

'Jealous... I've always wanted the PA job. Miranda helped me get the job I have currently. She was the one that gave you my cv and begged you to give me a chance. Miranda and I somewhat grew up together, my mother was Miranda's family's maid so I often spent most of my time at their place. When I had finally graduated from college, I didn't have the necessary experience and there was nowhere willing to hire me to get experience. Perhaps Miranda could foresee a situation that I could be useful to her, so she tried getting me a job here. You didn't want to employ me at first, but she was able to convince you to do so'

'I love working here, it gave me a chance of belonging something I've never truly felt. I wanted to become a PA so desperately that I let it cloud my mind. I started seeing Ava as an obstacle, I hated the praises that she got for a job that I felt I was more qualified for. I hated that people loved her and respected her so easily while it took me months to get. I wanted her name to be tarnished, I wanted her to be made a mockery of. I realize now that my actions were coming from a place of insecurity and desperation to be loved by others. I believed my actions were justified because she took what I ever so desperately wanted. Miranda also hated how close you two were and how you seemed to pick Ava's side over her own. She hated that Ava came first to you and she was always looked at as if she was the bad guy. We were able to find a common enemy, Ava, and that was enough for us to act on. I attempted to remove Ava multiple times, but Miranda was finally able to. I have no idea how she did it. All I know is she told me she was going to have it all sorted and the next thing I saw was Ava crying so at that moment I knew we had succeeded. I thought I could finally be in the position I have always wanted. I thought my dream was becoming a reality when you were requesting I do personal tasks for you and I knew that if you wanted to you could have a new personal assistant fill in for Ava immediately that it would appear as if nothing ever occurred. I thought the fact that I'm doing it means I'm one step closer to the PA position'

'Maxwell informed me of you being involved in taking pictures of Ava as well as him? He also stated that you employed him for that role and also the role as your boyfriend?'