Chapter 14

Ava's Pov

Susan insisted on doing my makeup and picking my outfit.

"Sis you need to look cute, this could possibly be your new man" was her response every time I asked her to tone it done a little.

I was originally going to settle for just a pair of leggings and a simple top, but Susan had other plans.

She insisted that I wear a dress nothing too much according to her but still cute.

After debating back and forth with her we both settle on a pair of ripped jeans and a red crop top with a cute denim jacket over it.

"You look cute, but you'll look even better with your hair and makeup done" said an extremely excited Susan.

She grabbed me away from my mirror and sat me down on a chair.

"Now let's beat your face"

"No that's not going to happen, all I need is a little bit of natural makeup to look more presentable" I protested against her idea immediately.

"No, you need to impress him and let him know you made an effort for him because you appreciate him" she shot back immediately while trying to find my eyebrow pencil.

"I need him to recognize me" was what I said in defense.

"Okay how about I go easy on the eyes, but I apply a vivid red lip color to make your skin pop and have the red lip matching your crop top" Susan replied trying to compromise with me.

"That could work" was my only response.

"Right then, sit down properly while I get your face bea- I mean glamorous"

"Let's fill out the eyebrows, stay still so I won't mess this up can't have you looking like a right mug" Susan contained focusing on my eyebrows.

After about thirty minutes of me having to stay still for my make up, I was finally able to stand up to see how it turned out.

Walking after to the other side of the room where my mirror hung on the wall.

Looking into the mirror I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

My face wasn't cakey but looked natural. The red lip makes my skin and outfit better but not over doing it.

She also gave me a wing eye look with a liquid eyeliner which I requested for and most importantly I look like myself but more polished.

"You need to get your hair done. You only have twenty-five minutes left before you're supposed to be at your date" Susan exclaimed in a rushed manner.

'Ding-'

"That's my phone can you please pass it over to me" I said as I looked at Susan. She immediately grabbed it from my bed and handed it over to me.

"Thank you" I said once my phone was placed in my hand.

"I wonder who it is" I said more to myself. I don't really get much messages or phone call apart from my siblings occasionally if I don't call them.

"You know exactly who it is" Susan replied in a knowing voice.

Not wasting anymore time wondering I put in my password and looked at the text.

It was from an unknown number that read 'Hey beautiful, it's Damien. You're probably wondering where I got your number from.

I got it from your boss after quite a lot of reassuring and persuasion. I foolishly forgot to ask you for your number earlier and where you lived so I can pick you up'