Chapter 28

Ava's pov

Last night Richmond, Mr. Morgan's driver dropped me off at my apartment.

Mr. Morgan got out of the car wanting to help and to also ensure I was in my apartment safely. It was rather strange having my own boss in my home.

I consistently offering him food to eat but he kept reassuring me he wasn't hungry. He stayed for a while but left soon after since he had to be in the office early for the next day.

He did inform me that he would be at my place to check up on me today. Aiden also made it clear that I will not be returning to work this week.

Currently I'm in bed, watching Netflix on my laptop. Since I was home Mr. Morgan also thought it would be good not to send me any work to truly allow me to rest.

Being his personal assistant, I knew exactly what he had this week in advance. From what I recall today is an extremely busy day for him but somehow, he still had the time to call.

I honestly don't know how he finds the time he has a load of work he missed yesterday on top of today's work.

I told Damien last night what had happened to me. It was late in the night when I had texted him, so I wasn't able to reply last night as I had falling asleep.

I did however check my messages this morning and the only message I saw was on from Aiden. Damien hasn't replied so I am assuming he's extremely busy with his business.

'I need to take a shower' I thought pausing the documentary I was watching and slowly getting out of bed.

The pain in my lower abdomen had decreased significantly so has the headache I had. I have been taken the medicine that I was given by the nurse so I'm guessing that is what has been helping with the pain.

Unfortunately, I still can't pinpoint exactly where I got food poisoning, but my instinct is telling me it was the coffee I drank.

Perhaps it was a bad batch, or it was negligence by the coffee shop workers.

I don't know where the place is since Susan never told me, but I do remember there was a name on the cup.

If only I could remember what the name was. I think it began with a le. Le coffee? No that's not it. Le café? I don't think that's it either.

Come on think Ava. What is the name you saw? I closed my eyes trying to visualize the cup I held in my hand.

Le cofè? No. Le cafea? Yes, that's it, I think. Let me google to see if it comes up.

I walked over to my undressed bed and picked up my phone that I left beside my laptop.

I used my fingerprint to open up my phone.

Since I'm not entirely sure how to pronounce the name. I decided it would be best to type it onto google search.

Once it loaded, I saw that it was only twenty minutes' walk away from my apartment. I decided it would be best to walk to it and get some fresh air.

I dropped my phone once more and made my way to the shower.

I undressed quickly, putting my clothes in the hamper and then reaching my hand out to turn off the shower.

I stepped in and let out a sign as soon as the water hit my skin. I'm the type of person to overthink in the shower normally.

Since I started working for Mr. Morgan I hadn't had anytime to truly stay in the shower and relax.

I'm always rushing to work or too tired from work. I stayed in the shower for what felt like hours just thinking and rethinking the whole incident.