Chapter 26

Ava's pov

'Hey Susan, how are you today?' I greeted as I made my way through the hallway.

Susan was in her usual receptionist desk. Which I found surprising since I'm usually the first one to arrive at the office on this floor.

She must have had a great time with her new man. Thinking about yesterday I don't recall seeing her at the skating rank after I had spoken to her.

She looked up from her computer and smiled once she saw me 'Ava, you're here. Good morning'

'Good morning to you too, what made you come early today?' I asked curiously while I stood beside her desk.

'I woke up early and decided to come to work earlier than usual'

'Actually, I was able to go to the cafe today and I brought coffee for you. Just the way you like it' she reached behind her and brought a cup of coffee, placing it on the desk in front of me.

'Thank you, you're a life saver' I praised reaching out to grab it. I immediately took a sip from the hot beverage.

'Mmm, this tastes a little different than I am used to' I questioned, it tasted like regular latte with a hint of something else.

'It's from the new cafe that recently opened up close to where I live' she explained watching me while I took another sip from the drink.

Speaking about where she lives, I am still yet to find out what part of the city she resides in but that is a topic for another day.

'Thank you again' I waved the black cup that was in my hand a little in the air while smiling in appreciation 'I must start going, I need to be organized before Mr. Morgan arrives'

'You're having lunch with me today, right?' She asked before I could leave.

'Yes, I will be'

'Great' she exclaimed while I took my leave.

I made it into my office, immediately dropping my bag on the floor and placing the keys on my desk.

I looked at my phone, just as I looked at it a notification came through informing me that I had a new message from Damien.

I picked up my phone intending to reply but decided it would be best to reply once I had my morning organized especially Mr. Morgan's scheduled meeting.

A few hours have gone and nothing eventful has happened apart from Susan coming into my office on serval occasions. She would ask a few questions or would want to talk about what celebrity gossip that was in the tabloids this week.

She was acting rather strange and not her usual self. When I asked her if she had anything on her mind, she would quickly brush it off saying there was nothing bothering her.

Not wanting to infuriate her I decided it was best to not ponder of her sudden behavior but I would admit it is extremely frustrating when trying to get work done and your constantly being distracted not to mention I have had a head and stomach ache since this morning.

It has been progressing over time and I am not fond of leaving my duties early. So, going home at this time is certainly not an option.

As I was about leave my office and make my way to Mr. Morgan's office Susan once again walked through my doors wanting to gist about something she had seen.

'Susan, can we talk at our lunch break I need to inform Mr. Morgan about his meeting at twelve pm' I explained as I held my iPad in my hand and while making my way to the door where she stood.