Chapter 13

Ava's Pov

"I've been looking all over for you"
I turned around to see Damien walking over to me.

"Oh hi"

"Are you doing anything on Friday evening" he asked looking hopeful

"Mmm... No, I haven't got anything planned on Friday evening...why"?

"Well.. I was wondering if you'd like to go on a second date. That's if you'd be able to of course"

Wanting to tease him a little. I responded with "I'm not sure if I'd be up for it after the last one " smiling mischievously at him.

"Was the last date that bad, I thought it went well"

"That's what you think" still keeping him in suspense.

Before he could respond I quickly said.

"No, I'm joking I enjoyed the date"
I reassured him with a smile.

"And"

"And I'll go on another date with you" I finished rolling my eyes.

"Prefect I was thinking eight, so you have time to unwind and get ready before our date" he gleefully replied.

"That's fine with me. So... where are you taking me" I said curiously.

"It's a surprise, dress casual that's all the information you're getting" was his response not saying nothing more.

"Why won't you tell me, I'll still love it anyway" I almost begged.

"You'll have to wait and find out, but for now I'm not saying a word"

He gave me a kiss on my forehead and leave while saying "see you later"

"Hey, you and Damien seem to be getting close" Susan exclaimed randomly.

"Were you watching us" I said after turning around and looking towards her direction.

"No, I was heading to the photocopy room when I saw you two" she replied hastily.

"Oh"

"You two are so cute together" she smiled but didn't quite reach her eyes.

"We aren't together" was my response

"I've only known him for a while and I'm trying to take things slow" I continued to explain to her to avoid any misconceptions.

"That kiss on the forehead didn't look like you aren't together" she cheekily smiled.

"Anyway, I have to go, I have a pile of paperwork to complete for Mr. Morgan" I dismissively said heading to my office trying not to look in Susan's direction

I could feel her eyes burning holes into my skin, but I chose to ignore it.

I got to my office door. Turning the door handle to get in.

I walked in only to see a heap of sheets on my desk.

Without wasting any more time, I immediately started working through the papers.

I scheduled appointments for Mr. Morgan and arranged files into the filing cabinet.

I looked at the clock on my wall to see it was almost five.

I was about to get up when my door flung open to reveal Susan.

"So, I was wondering what you're doing this weekend" Susan spoke before I could utter a word.

"Nothing much, I'll probably just end up sleeping in and relaxing after this week's work" I replied while getting up to grab my handbag.

"While I won two vouchers for a new spar in town and I was hoping you'd come with me"