Chapter 11

At time I had only just became the C.E.O of the company and my father was still helping me with a few things, so it wasn't as demanding as it is now.

He visited once after that about ten months ago, but I wasn't able to meet him because of work but I did get to video chat with him on Zoom.

He had changed quite a bit he now had a full-grown beard and looked a lot older.

He seemed to pack a significant amount of muscle than before due to the amount of training they had to do each day I would assume.

Apart from the slight change in his appearance he still had the same personality. He was still as happy as ever if not happier but it's probably because he was doing what he loved.

"Son I haven't seen you in so long how is the company doing?, I hope you haven't forgotten about your old man have you" my father voiced out suddenly.

"No pops I haven't, and business has been very good actually, I can assure you everything is going smoothly" I responded

"Good I'm happy to hear that, why won't you come here and give you old man a hug "

I got up from where I was sitting and took long strides over to my father who was sitting on a small sofa in the other side of the room.

I gave him a man hug while he used his other arm to give me a slight pat on the back.

"I'm so happy to see my two boys getting along so well, how about we all make our way to the dining room"

I turned my head towards the door and saw my mother smiling brightly as she was looking at my father and I.

"That sounds good Jennifer"

"I told you several times before its Mrs. Morgan" my mother frustratedly said turning her attention to Miranda who had got up from her sit.

My mother turned around not before saying "the dining room is this way"

From the corner of my eyes I could see Miranda taking a deep breath in.

We were led to a room with a huge table with food that could feed dozens of people dying from starvation.

Around the table there was about twelve chairs. The room was a lot bigger than the sitting room.

The walls were also white and the was also a chandelier on the ceiling which was identical to the one in the sitting room.

"Sit, take as much food as you want" my mother said before taking a sit at one end of the table while my father took a sit at the other end.

I pulled a sit in the middle of the table at the left side of the table for Miranda.

She said down without saying a word I pushed her chair slightly then taking a chair out to take a sit beside her.

"So, Miranda how have you been since the last time" my father asked starting a conversation with Miranda.

"I been great actually my modelling career has been doing well for the past two years, I'll be going over to Paris in about a week for Paris fashion week"
Miranda boasted looking very pleased with herself.

"I'm happy to hear about your success in your career so how has you father been doing and the company" my father continued changed the conversation to his favorite subject; business.

"Business has been booming, my father has been doing the best he can at his age"

Miranda's family owns most of the hotel's and restaurant in the state.

Both Miranda's father and my father have been very close business partners for the past three decades.

Since Miranda was the only child of Mr. and Mrs. Grayson it meant that she would be the one to take over the company but since she has been travelling around the world because of her modelling career her father has had to postpone his retirement.

"Well that's good send your father my greetings" was my father's finally words.

"I will" she added with a slight smile on her face.

" Everybody dig-in " my mother announced after a while.

To be continued....

☆☆☆☆☆
I'm grateful to everyone who read, voted,followed and shared my book in 2k16. I just want to say a big big thank you to you all, you guys are really the ones who got this book to where it is today, I really appreciate every bit of your support I hope to see more of you all this year. Thank you once again stay blessed😚😘