Chapter 33

Ava's pov

'Working at the car wash (oh oh yeah yeah)
At the car wash yeah' I singed to the top of my voice as Aiden drove the car.

We were making our way to the cliffs where we will be going hiking.

I turned on the radio as the song came on which brought me back to my childhood.

At first Aiden looked at me funny but later joined in singing to the chorus as he didn't know the full song.

This continued as we made our way closer to our destination.

Jokingly I exclaimed 'are we there yet?'

We still have half an hour to go.
As he said this, I let out a huff. Wanting to annoy him I waited awhile before asking again 'are we there yet?'

'Ava' Aiden spoke almost in a stern voice, but I could tell he did not mean it in that way he was trying to 'scare' me.

Ha, nice try.

'Let's play a game...I spy with my little eye something beginning with c'

'Ava you and I know the car is a bad place to play that game as we could drive past the thing'

'That makes it even more fun' I exclaimed in a childish manner 'now let's play. You have to answer'

'Let me guess, clouds?' He replied sarcastically.

'Yes, you got it' I said as if he had just cracked a huge case.

'Okay your turn'

'I spy with my little eye something beginning with s' he said while keeping his focus on the road.

'S.... what begins with s. Sea?'

'Ava there is literally no sea around here. Guess again' he laughed

'Mmmm, sweets?'

'Nope. Do you give up?'

'No... snail?'

'Have you seen a snail recently?'

'No, I haven't but maybe you have'

'It's not that Ava. Do you give up?'

'Yes, tell me'

'Stable. We went by one about 5 minutes ago'

'That's unfair'

'In your words that's what makes it more fun' he mimicked my voice.

'I don't sound like that, Aiden' I exclaimed somewhat horrified by his impression of me.

'Yes, you do. I do a pretty good job'

'I'm Aiden and I think I'm some big shot CEO that is just so irresistible. I think I'm so misunderstood' I mimicked his voice also. Wanting to give him a taste of his own medicine.

'Now Ava I do not sound like that' he was caught off guard by my impression.

'I do not sound like that' I mimicked him again copying the sentence he just uttered.

I laughed witnessing the look on his face. He looked seriously over it and he certainly did not have a comeback.

'We are here' he shortly announced.

He parked his car and went straight to the boot of the car. I got out and followed suit.

He took out all our hiking equipment but left the picnic basket for when we are finished hiking.

Luckily, we already had our outfits worn.

'Let's go' he announced with excitement while handing me a bottle filled with water.