Chapter 30

Aiden's point of view

Work has been hectic today especially because I had to add tomorrow's plans on top of my already busy schedule.

I yawned feeling tired and feeling the coffee I drank four hours ago start to wear off.

'Come in' I called out after I heard a knock on the door.

'Mr. Morgan. Is there anything I can do for you? I know it's hard since Ava isn't here' Susan said as she came into my office.

Susan has been acting extremely available these past few days. She knows her job isn't to be my personal assistant, yet she continues to ask if I need any favors.

This would be her third time asking if I needed her assistance. She asked two times yesterday and this very moment can also be added to the list.

I have noticed she has been falling behind on her work. Time and time again I see people waiting to be attended to while standing or sitting in the hallway when I leave my office for one thing or another.

I did warn her about her incompetence in the past, but it is now getting to the point where she is not doing her job properly at all nor is, she trying to do it right.

These past few days has not gone as good as I would have hoped. Not having Ava in the office has truly disorganized my plans for the week.

The new assistant that I had hired last minute on a temporary basis isn't entirely awful, but she doesn't know exactly how I prefer things to be organized like Ava does.

If I didn't realize it before now, I do. Ava is a great asset to this company. She knows how to keep me on track and always has my best interest at heart.

Speaking of Ava, I need to check up on her to make sure she is feeling okay at home.

I picked up my phone that was placed beside me on my desk. I texted' I hope you are feeling good today? Work has been hectic, but I should be over at your place at around eight'

I looked at my phone for a bit waiting to see if she would reply straight away.

'Sir'

I turned my head towards Susan who stood there awkwardly watching my every move and waiting for me to address her.

I had completely forgotten she was in the room.

'Susan... I don't need any assistance at the moment. You can go and attend to the awaiting visitors'

'Okay sir' she replied looking defeated turning around to leave the room.

I went back to the paperwork that was in front of me. I was about to fully settle back into the task at hand when I got a notification.

I picked up my phone to see it was a message from Ava. It read 'Hey, I'm great thank you. I have been in bed since so I haven't done much today. I will be cooking tonight so bring an empty stomach'

I didn't realize I had a smile on my face while reading this. Ava's positive and somewhat carefree energy is extremely contagious.

Being around her does something to your soul it's as if both souls recognize each other.

I recall her mentioning she was extremely good at cooking when we had dinner the other night.

Ever since that night I have been eager to taste food from her and tonight is the big reveal.

'Oh, what would you be making Chef Ava' I texted back.

I dropped my phone on my desk once more and continued to do the ridiculous amount of paperwork.