Chapter 24

Ava pov

Mr. Morgan informed me that he would be available tonight which meant we are having dinner in a fancy restaurant that costed more than my monthly rent for my apartment.

Since today was Saturday, I did not have work, but I still had a few things I had to complete for work.

The dinner tonight was scheduled for six o'clock and knowing my boss I had to be ready well before then. This whole week all that ran through my head this dinner.

I am so nervous about how it will go, what if I do something horribly wrong and he decides I'm not fit for his company? what if that's what happened to his last personal assistant? What if Mr. Morgan thought they were not competent for the job that's why he fired him?

I'm not sure on the exact reason the pervious assistant left but the assumption isn't far of. I can't lose this job it is all I have. I worked myself in order to get this job. It will truly be a shame if I were to lose this. I can't mess this night up at all. I need to make sure I don't embarrass myself.

It was currently two thirty-four pm so that gives me a couple of hours before the dinner with my boss. It really isn't necessary. An apology is enough, but I think he felt the need to clear his conscience and thought by spending money on me is what he needs to do in order to achieve that.

Poor guy, he must only know how to sort issues out with money. That needs to be fixed.

Susan insisted on helping me get ready for tonight. I declined on many occasions and yet she would not accept it. She has yet to tell me more about the guy she is talking to. she said she is taking it slow, but something tells me they aren't going as slow as she wants to imply. They are definitely becoming more because she has been coming into work later recently and has been asking to leave earlier most days.

She has also been glued to her phone. I just hope he is serious as she is and isn't going to hurt her.

Feeling hungry I got up from my bed, while I did so my phone buzzed. I picked it up only to see a text from Damien which read; 'hope you are having a good day so far' I replied telling him that I am about to make something to eat.

I told Damien about the dinner I was having with my boss and at first he was hesitant but I had to reassure him was just to apologize and possibly discuss somethings relating to the company so it wasn't much for him to be worried or concern about.

Whilst in the kitchen I brought out some ingredients I was going to use to make Spaghetti Bolognese. I put the minced meat on the oil filled pan. I spread it around the pan and allowed it to fry. I stepped away from the stove and got my phone from the kitchen counter. Damien had texted me back saying I should enjoy, and he will call me later tonight. I replied and went to attend to my cooking.

After some minutes of cooking the meal, I got another text but this time it was from Susan letting me know that she is on her way and she would be at my place in about five minutes. The sauce was finished all that was left was the spaghetti which was currently in the pot filled with hot water. I made sure to cook enough for Susan as well since she is going to be here for a while helping me get ready.

I got a signal that someone wanted to be buzzed into the apartment. Knowing it was Susan I let her in. after a few moments she knocked on the door. I opened the door and saw that she had a bag with her.

'Is all that really needed?' I asked while eyeing the bag she had with her.

'Yes, you need to look cute' she exclaimed walking through the door. She puts the bag down and looks around my apartment.