Chapter 32

Aiden point of view

We had finally made it to the closest grocery store from Ava. I parked my car in the parking space and turned off the engine.

I noticed Ava immediately getting out as if she did not want to spend another moment in the car with me.

I got out in a much slower pace than she did and walked over to her side while putting my phone in my pocket.

'Why do you always leave the car so abruptly' I asked out of curiosity than anything else.

She turned around to me as if she had been caught red handed ' I... I just don't want you to open the door for me'

'If it makes you uncomfortable then I won't but it is really no bother to me' I spoke wholeheartedly.

I really don't see why it would be an issue for me to open the door for her. If it makes her uncomfortable and she prefers if I don't, of course I will stop and not continue.

She just smiled and didn't respond. She turned around slowly making her way towards the Shopping Centre.

I walked closely behind not wanting to lose her in the store.

As we walked towards the entrance the automatic doors opened to let us in. Ava picked a basket from the pile that were stacked beside door.

'To the frozen section?' She asked turning around to face me for approval.

I nodded my head yes. I looked around the place and was grateful there wasn't many people in the store.

Most people were busy with their shopping to pay us any mind. It then dawned on me that there was someone following us and taking pictures for the media.

I kept my eyes around to see if there was any suspicious behavior or if there was anyone who looked out of place.

Upon my observation I did not see anyone that stood out to me.

I made it to where Ava stood. She had a cookie dough Ben and Jerry's ice-cream in her hand.

'Which one is your favorite?' She asked looking from the ice in her hand to me.

I smiled knowing what to say 'minter wonderland'

I almost burst out laughing by her reaction. Her face immediately turned to one of disgust, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

'All the flavors, you pick that one?' She asked with utter disbelief. I looked at her with nothing but amusement.

'That smirk, you must be trying to annoy me' she looked up at me.

'My favorite flavor is 'cookie dough' i spoke truthfully.

'Same here' her face lit up as she placed the ice cream in the basket.

'That's one thing we have in common' I said

'What's your favorite color?' I asked eager to know what else we had in common.

'Purple... depending on my mood red but I would say purple' she answered picking up another ice-cream which looked to be the Netflix and chill'd flavor.

'What's yours? And don't say black' she exclaimed looking at me dead in the eye.

'Calm down it's not black it's actually yellow'

'Why, yellow' she asked looking at me in quizzically.

'It calms my spirit, It reignites something in me, something peaceful and it's a simple color yet so mighty'