Street Racing

Delirious'/Jonathan's POV

Every Thursday night there's a car meet up, tonight it was under the bridge. Tuners, modifiers even the odd ricers showed up to this convention. Cops lurked the streets searching for the convention, the usual find it though from the noise of the cars, the music and just the yelling and shouting.

I haven't really been to one in a awhile. I used to go all the time and race,I even had a manager. Auto was the best manager I could ask for, shared the cash, set up the races all I ever had to do was drive and hope to win.

"Del boy, that you" Auto's voice rang through my ears. I turned from the beautiful Zentorno and looked up at auto. I gave him a quick hug.

"Hey auto, how's business" I questioned generally interested.

"No so good, there's no good racer out there, you were my best" Auto said sadly. I frowned.

"How's the income" I said slightly worried of my old friend.

"I'm getting by" he said with a small smile.

"Well set me up a race" I said smirking at his excited face. He quickly nodded and scurried off. I stuck by my car checking out the cars in the distance. People come and go, you lose your money Here faster than when you would in Vegas.

"Del boy" Auto called over. I nodded and got into my car knowing the drill. I slowly approached the sprayed on starting line. A adder approached me and I frowned. His speed was twice the times as mine. I rolled down the window and looked at Auto.

"30,000, split 15,000 each sound good" he questioned with hope. I nodded. I had to win this for Auto, which will mean playing dirty. I may get my car wreaked but as long as I pass that finish line I couldn't care less.

A woman in a bikini holding a flag nodded to both of us. We started our engines and began doing a burnout. Burnouts help heart your wheels. She raised the flag. I glanced over to the man next to me, he looked like a real douche. She threw the flag on the ground and we were off.

If my calculations were right it will take the adder 30 plus seconds to reach its top speed and its acceleration is shit. While me on the other hand it takes me 15 seconds and my acceleration is a lot faster. I can't let him reach his top speed.

As we drifted around the corner I rear ended him causing him to spin it. I smirked and sped off. I weaved through the traffic and into the tunnel. Coming out of the tunnel I turned left and headed for the finish line, he wasn't to far behind. He reached his top speed and I could see the finish line. He inched closer and closer catching my wind speeding him up. I frowned and sped up more trying not to burn out the engine completely. The finish Line had to be less than 100 meters away and he was about 10 away from me.

Soon he was right next to me speeding past. I frowned and cursed myself as I hit the back off him causing us both to spin out. I quickly put the car in gear and sped off. I'm not usual a dirty racer but this is for Auto. I crossed the finish line and drifted to a stop.