Ch 1: Bite me

Larissa

Oh my God, I'm going to punch him.

One more smirk, and I swear I'll fúcking punch him.

I stared blankly at the guy that raised his glass at me, giving me a small wink. So I just returned with a very generous eye-roll.

I felt myself squeezing the mug before I banged it on the counter. Good thing the music was loud. Stuffing the glass with the small cloth, I turned around letting out a frustrated breath.

All I could do was pretend I'm picking up a new glass. He's still staring, isn't he?

Were the drunk girls on the dance floor not enough for this dude?

My day job was over, so it was time for the 'second shift', a.k.a, my job as a bartender. Yep, other than leaving beautiful marks on the old buildings, I worked as a barmaid. The so-called day job was, of course, not payed, but it was something I liked much better than having to mix alcohol cocktails, and flirt with horny jerks.

Now, now, I know those 'beautiful marks' some call vandalism, but I prefer referring to it as decoration. Simple.

I smirked, thinking of the first time I sprayed a wall. I was so stressed out, thinking I would get arrested. I still could though, but every time the thought crossed my mind, I remembered what my best friend Max told me.

"Relax, Lar, we're just gave it a nice makeover."

And after that, together, we gave a lot of makeovers. Illegal or not, our only intention was to make it look better.

And of course cause it was fun. But that's it.

Turning around, I tried keeping myself busy by mixing the ordered cocktails, and pouring the beer for my 'lovely' costumers.

And after being 2 damn hours late, there he was. Speak of the devil. Max Fúcking Rennolds.

"Hey, dimples." He yelled over the music, dragging the 'hey' and popping his lazy ass on one of the bar chairs.

"How can I help you?" I said coldly, looking everywhere but at him. He was a fool if he thought I was going to forgive him for being late again. He was the only one keeping me company. And he promised he wouldn't be late.

But nooo, fúcking around with random bitches was obviously more important than our friendship.

"Oh come on," He said humorously, putting his elbows on the bar and leaning closer. "I was, what-, only two hours late tonight."

Really Max. "Well, I had to spent those two hours getting the tables ready with the Little-miss-glitter. Alone." I gestured towards the other side of the bar where Alana was working. As always she looked like she was ready for a Halloween party with the heavy dark makeup, and the glittery eyeshadow made her eyes look like purple disco balls.

"What can I say, it's a progress. I'm actually proud of myself." I snorted at his stupid statement, getting back to wiping the bar clean. But he started getting in my way, poking my arm, until I looked at him. Idiot.

It was hard to understand why, but I fought the urge to smile. His goofy moves always cheered me up, even when I was mad at him. "What? What do you want?"

  He grinned, showing off that dazzling smile of his. Jesus. I knew Max almost my whole life, but he was a hot piece of ass. No wonder girls were all over him. "A drink. On the house, hopefully." I rose an eyebrow at him.

  "How about, you pay..." I dragged my last word, continuing as I popped my elbows on the bar in front of him. "And then leave me a tip." I grinned. It was something we did almost every night here in the bar. He wanted a drink on the house, but then he ended up giving me the best tip.