Ch 19: Breathless

Lara

It didn't feel like something became different for me. Lily said that things would change, but it wasn't like that. Not even after the week passed, not after me being in the same room as Xander.. It wasn't like that. Whatever the marking bite was supposed to do to me, it didn't.

It's funny how I already felt the need to be around Xander. It wasn't anything supernatural or weird, it was that I wanted to learn why I reminded him of that girl. I wanted to learn more about him, and that way it was easier to find my way out.

  And I already accomplished something. I was getting under his skin with the same method Lily taught me. Obedience. I didn't like it, but since it was the only way to avoid him being pissed at me.. I used it. Besides, I didn't get a single punishment throughout the week.

  Another thing, which I found quite interesting but still didn't understand was why he didn't sent me to another one of those classes. After the intense night with them hanging around, he didn't even mention Acuna, and I was left at the house, almost all the time. If it wasn't for my sketch book, I was gonna go crazy.

  I repeated drawing the portrait of Maxi, over and over, like I was fearing that I was going to forget him. You know when certain time passes the image of someone you once knew starts fading.. I couldn't let that happen. Max was the only one in my whole life that I've ever cared about. I had certain feelings for him before I was taken to this freak world, but he was always the only one that was there for me for so long. I lost that. It slipped away.

  Now, I could only wonder.. Wonder if he thought about me still. If he was worried why I was gone.. If he was still looking for me.. It has been quite some time. I cleared my throat for some reason putting the notebook down. It was ridiculous. There was nothing I could do, I was only causing myself pain by thinking about him.

  Before I could even think much through, I found myself walking somewhere, realizing I was heading towards the kitchen. I wanted to change a room, and Xander barely allowed me to go in the back yard, so after a week, I was starting to lose it.

  Time was passing, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I didn't even manage to create some kind of connection between the two of us after that night. That night at the pool..

  I almost jumped when I realized he was in the kitchen. I stopped at the door, watching him look at me as a smirk stretched his lips.

  "Morning, princess," I eyed him, watching him pour something in his glass.

  It was sunrise soon, and usually that time everyone slept. Vampires lived during the night. However, in the last few days, Petrovic had business with humans, so that was changing.

  I was starting to feel like some parts of my life were going back to normal. Or I was just getting used to it.

  I walked towards the counter, making sure to keep a good distance between the two of us. "Good morning," I heard myself mumble as I reached for a cookie.

  Cookies were the only things I could eat here. I wasn't sure what it was exactly, but it was sweet, and it calmed me down at least.

  "You can't eat that for breakfast."

  I heard that deep voice somewhere from behind me, but I didn't feel annoyed by his arrogant statements anymore. I was getting used to it.