Possession of the Enemy (Parting Ways)

Blakes P.O.V

After me and Joshua had agreed and made a rough strategy, I had to carry out my part and find out when the battle is. I knew I would get the information, Dennis would tell me.

Dennis and I have known each other for years,he's my closest friend and I would trust him with my life. Even with Rachel there was something I couldn't put my finger on with her,I had to watch my back a little. Dennis isnt like that. I know he will tell me,he won't want me to die as much as I dont want him to either. ai have no idea what its gonna be like between us but I hope he will still respect me as I do him

I let out a long breath as I looked up at the house I once called home, I knew I wouldnt br accepted here if I was seen so once I caught Dennis's scent I latched onto it and his only. I caught it outside Rachels window so bent my back legs and pushed off landing on the window sill in seconds. 

My eyes caught sight of him and his head whipped round to meet mine,his eyes were hard but I knew he would co-operate.

Dennis and I always had such different appearences,Dennis had a head full of light blondr hair. A fair complection and icy blue eyes,hes a handsome lad in my eyes but of course hes like my brother so im biased. He has a strong jawline and always had all the ladies falling for him,thats how we got so close actually. We had so much in common that we just got pushed together.

His jaw clenched and I felt my breath hitch in my throat, I dont know why im anxious but for some reason I am. He rolled his eyes and let out a sigh as I lowered myself from the ledge I was balancing on. I walked closer to him and he bit down on the inside of his cheek.

"What are you doing here Blake? This aint your territory anymore" I heard slight annoyance in his voice but I knew it wasnt genuine, I knew this guy like the back of my hand.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair,ive gotta try

"It doesn't have to be yours either! Come back with me! Joshua would agree to a truce and you wouldn't have to do this! I can see you don't want to!"

My voice had edge to it and I raised it slightly, I was desperate!  I dont want to fight Dennis. 

His eyes met mine but went hard soon after

"Its not about what I want,its about who I want"

he hissed

I furrowed my eyebrows and confusion filled me like a wave.

"What are you talking about Dennis" I kept my voice low and took a few steps closer to him,of course he didn't move. Dennis was never intimidated by me, he knew me too well.

He snickered and also took a few steps forward.

"You dont intimidate me Blake and im talking about the girl you took for granted. The one that never looked my way because her heart always belonged to you, well that's changed" His jaw clenched and realisation hit me like a ton of bricks.

My jaw dropped and my hands flew into my hair,pulling it slightly.

No he can't, its not...

"Rachel?" I hiss

I search his eyes for some sort of escape,someone else,it can't be

he doesn't answer and I let out a groan

"You're attacking my mates home and betraying me for Rachel?"

I boom

Suddenly I see him flinch and he grabs my collar of my shirt, in seconds im pushed up against the back wall with his harsh features inches from my face

"Isnt that exactly what you're doing for that mate of yours? Exactly how much have I seen you since she came along" he hissed,I felt a growl rumble through my chest and pushed him from me.

I felt anger pulse through me and my breathing immediately got heavy.

"You know its different!" I hissed,he shook his head and I saw his face drop.

"This is where we part as friends Blake"

He whispers, I close my eyes for a second and embraced the burning that clawed its way through me with every breath. 

I step closer yet again and meet his eyes one last time

"Okay, but do me one last favour.  Tell me when the battle is planned" I whisper

he snickers and I see a smirk tug at his lips

"What makes you think id tell you that" I heard humour in his voice and found myself meeting his smirk with my own.

I crossed my arms over my chest

"Because" I shrugged, this felt just like old times. I knew it would never be like this again after this so savoured it while I had the chance

He chuckled but his expression soon faded to a grim one

"okay,my last favour to you as your brother. Rachel needs to prepare us all so she decided on 2 weeks from today" his tone was drab and I nodded once the information hit me. My smirk sunk and I found myself frowning as was he

"Thankyou" I whispered, I reluctantly turned and moved towards the window but he stopped me.

"Blake" he called,I turned and saw his face hard "Now you do something for me" he continued, I clenched my jaw but awaited his request "one last favour. Make sure you get yourself killed before I find you,I dont want to be the one killing you" he hissed.

I snickered and my smirk made its way back on ny face

"Agreed,you do the same"

With that I turned and lept back out of the window and into the woods. I know I should be weary of thale date he gave me but I know Dennis would never lie to me,he doesn't want me harmed and I don't wish that on him either.

I hate this,I hate turning my back on my brother. But Grace is my all now, I would walk through the mouth of hell to ensure her wellbeing.

A.N/Short chapter but hopefully ill be able to update soon