Possession of the Enemy (Why Maria?)

Graces P.O.V

My eyes immediately sting with tears and my mouth falls agape. My breathing was shaky and my chest was bouncing with dry sobs as I took in what was infront of me.

Rachel smirked once more before throwing Marias lifeless body to the ground. It fell and the sound of my best friend hitting the ground rung through my ears. Within a second I heard Blakes voice calling me. The calls were getting closer,meaning he wasnt flitting and was running at a humans pace. Rachels eyes widened and she turned on her heels before disappearing through the trees.

My walls broke and I let out a wale as I rushed to Marias corpse. My cheeks were soaked with tears and I couldn't contain the sobs escaping my lips. My whole frame was bouncing and I couldn't take this all in.

I heard Blake rush behind me and then the steps of Gemma,Jake and Jason.

I screamed as I took in Marias bloody appearance.

Her neck had the infamous bite mark,blood stained her once white summer dress. Her hair was now clotted with blood and her face had lost all trace of humanity. 

"Shit" I heard Jake gasp as he took in the scene before him.

I hears Gemma gasp and then whimper as she began to cry. Maria was Gemmas friend also,but right now I couldn't think about that.

I didnt want to think about anything.

I heard Blake rush past the others and felt his touch immediately as he tried to pull me away from the body.

I clung onto her and cried out as o protested.

"Dont touch me!" I screamed. Blake julted back

"Grace-" he started

"No!" I screamed.

Why her? She should have just killed me. She could have done it just minutes ago.

I felt how cold Marias body was against my skin. Her cold flesh was lile ice. Just like Blakes.

I felt all my sadness suddenly form into anger. It was like a fire was suddenly lit inside me and it roared with the rage I was now feeling.

I threw myself from the body and tugged ferociously at my hair as it all hit me. I screamed again but felt Blakes body inclose around me as he tried to calm me. I struggled as all I could see in my head was Rachel.

I wanted her dead.

"Get off me! I want to kill her!" I screamed. Blake held me tight, my back was firmly against his chest but I was determined to keep fighting.

"Thats what she wants! She did this deliberately" he hissed. I looked ahead and saw Jason and Jake approach Marias body.

I didnt want anyone touching her! No one must go near her!

"Get away from her!" I screamed. My voice was so thick it was barely audible. Jason whipped his head to me,his eyes were so gentle. So full of understanding.

"Blake,we need to dispose of this before the humans find it" He completely ignored me and addressed Blake. Blake nodded but continued to hold me as I struggled against him.

"Let me go! That fucking bitch deserves-t-to-d-ahhh" I couldn't go on with this any longer. I collapsed to my knees but still felt Blakes hold now more gentle around me.  I sobbed against Blakes body and felt him turn me around so I was now facing him. I burried my head into his chest and grabbed him tightly. He held me and let me cry heavily into his chest.

I couldn't comprehend what just happened. I all but wished it was me she killed,its me she wants.

I heard Jake,Jason and Gemma all moving around behind me. The smell of blood slowly faded as I assumed they left with the body. I didnt turn around. I couldnt. I dont want to think about how they'll get rid of her. I dont want her to be gone,why Maria?  The pain I felt only began to pierce my insides sharper and stronger. My breathing was heavy and I couldn't continue with it.