Possession of the Enemy (Persuasion)

Graces P.O.V

"Blake I don't want you turning your back on your friends just because of me"

I whine,walking behind his still pacing figure. He'd arrived back an hour ago and has been pacing around my room for pretty much all the time since. Depsite him denying it,I knew he was distraught about parting with Dennis.  I dont think they even shared that with each other but I could see Blake hiding his disappointment as im sure Dennis was doing the same.

He'd explained what happened and I feel like im to blaim. Blakes lost his best friend and its my fault, if Rachel didn't hold a grudge against me...Blake would still be friends with Dennis.

He sighed and suddenly stopped in his tracks,despite me being a werewolf im not the most coordinated. He stopped and I was unprepared, I banged straight into his back and fell back a few steps. He turned and snickered at my bewildered face,he'd caught me off guard. I released a shaky breath and bored my eyes into his,I wasnt dropping this.

He dropped his gaze and sighed in defeat,he knew id push until I got a reply.

"Id turn my back on the rest of the world if that meant I could protect you" I heard him straining his voice in order to keep it low and my heart clenched with the statement.

I love him.

Well I knew that but...well I haven't told him yet.

I mean..I dont think I have?  If I have then it can't have been memorable enough...especially if I cant remember.

I stepped forward and gently wrapped my arms around his neck. His tilted head soon looked up enough to gaze into my eyes,I smiled and went up on ny toes to lean my forehead on his.

"I Love You" I whisper, his breath releases shakily but soon his lips curl into a similar smile.

"I love you too" for a moment we just stared hopelessly into each others eyes. Everything was so...right. His eyebrows suddenly furrowed and his smile sank into a straight line. "and that is why I will make sure no one hurts you. If that means turning my back on the whole world then ill bloody well do it" I sighed and unwrapped myself from him.

I leant my back against my wall and slid down until my butt touched the floor. I hugged my knees and gently rested my chin on them. I hated the idea of him being mated to me breaking up his friendships. His form suddenly stood before me,I looked up to see his eyes boring into me. In seconds he was kneeling down to my level and placed his hands gently on my knees.

"Open your link" he whispered.  I bit down on my lip and eyed him suspiciously.  I know he'd be upset if he saw my mind,he hated when I looked down on myself.  "I wanna see what you're truly thinking" he whispered getting all the more closer to my frame. His lips were right by my ear and I felt a lumo beginning to form because of it. Shakily I nodded and lowered the walls,I had perfected the block by this point.

I snapped my eyes shut as I felt my mind instantly being invaded. No corner was safe,there was no where to hide any self doubt or hatred. Blake would see it all. A minute passed and I couldn't bare to look at him,my eyes remained shut until I felt the invader disappear from my mind. His walls went up and I sighed in relief as I willingly shot mine back up as well.

Reluctantly I inched my left eye open,my right remained shut but I could see perfectly clear. Blake sat opposite me with hard staring eyes,I gasped and snapped my eye closed again. I heard him shuffle around and then two icy hands held my face gently. I heard my breathing go shaky as I could practically sense his proximity.  His forehead rested on mine but still I dare not open my eyes.

"Grace" he whispered, his voice was practically honey and I whimped slightly. I wouldn't give in. I felt a soft and agonisingly slow pair of lips plant themselves on mine. He was teasing me.  Still I didn't respond and my eyes remained closed. He then whispered again "Open your eyes grace.  Please" I heard a slight hint of desperation in his plea so gently my eyes slid open.